• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Yes, "calm and respectful". Like the state trooper that stopped me for doing 57 mph in a 55 mph zone. As I was getting out my DL, he saw the little pink piece of paper. He then asked if I was armed. I said I was. He then asked to see my firearm. As I was getting it out, I noticed he was standing along the highway, with his hand on his weapon. He was in some sort of weird quick-draw stance with his left arm extended straight out. I handed my Glock 23 to him. About five minutes later, he came back to my car and asked if my Glock was loaded and if it had a round in the chamber! He had been messing with a loaded gun for five minutes or so! (This was in 1994. ISP had just switched over from revolvers to Berettas not too long before this incident, if I remember right.)

I'm not even going to mention the "calm and respectful" New Castle police officer that screamed at me and called me a menace to society because I happened to have my Remington riot gun in the back seat of my car.

No way, that could never happen. You must have been being rude. After all, if other people are nice and all of their encounters have been good, it only stands to reason that you must not have been nice.

The fallacy of the too-small sample.

gunrunner0320

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    Anderson
    the last time i got pulled over i had to let him know i had one with me it was on top of the stuff he was asking for . i told him about it and i took my time geting it pushing the gun over to one side he asked me for my ltc and when he came back he thanked me for telling him about it first and takeing my time about geting the info for him . 45 in a 30 and he gave me a worning. i think it was becouse i told him about it be for geting into were it was at

MolonLabe11B

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2012
    The last time I was pulled over I handed the LEO my drivers license and my LTCH. This was several years ago and at the time I thought I HAD to inform him I was carrying. He was very polite and he didn't even ask where my gun was located. He then gave me a warning for speeding in a school zone(36 in a 25) and sent me on my way. I now know that I dont have to inform and I most likely won't now after stories from this site and from friends. I guess I got pulled by one of the good LEOs.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Last time I got pulled over, I did the whole "hand over the DL and LTCH" thing. That experience has soured me on it(with ISP at least). He "smelled alcohol" and had me exit the vehicle. He asked me "what's the pistol for" or something like that and I got smart with him(his overall :poop:y attitude prompted it, and I was bored) and said something along the lines of "I don't see how that's relevant to this traffic stop". The little elf went into
    bee.gif
    otch mode and started asking me why I was being disrespectful(mf'er you must give to receive)and why I don't like authority
    cartmancop-2.png
    . I eventually just said "It's for self defense" to shut him up. He went back to the cruiser, probably to run my license, check the LTCH, etc. He got back out, pulled out his little breathalyzer(closest thing he has to a dick anymore, I'm sure) and had me blow. Blew a 0(durpdadurp). He hulked out and tossed the disposable tube(argh **** I can't arrest hiiiiim). He started talking and it mostly went in one ear and out the other. There was some funny things in there, "don't try to pull that legal crap, I'm smarter than you" insisting he could "take this(LTCH) away" and about how I should be more respectful and whatnot.

Got a warning. I think moreso because he knew he made an ass of himself than because I volunteered the LTCH.

What did I get pulled over for? Speeding(guilty)and reckless driving/suspicion of DUI because my tires briefly crossed the shoulder line during a lane change. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom