• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I'm looking into get a silencer and just need to know if I have to pay for the silencer first or pay for the tax stamp and when/if it is approved go pay for the can?

Slab

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    fort wayne
    Ive been working on this with Briton. He told me to come over 1st and then do the paperwork. I think you have to pay for the part and the tax stamp then mail everything.
    tagged for further comments

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I have a buddy that just got one for a 9mm and his paperwork took about..... 3 months

I am in week 4 of the Form 3 (mfr. to dealer) process on my suppressor, which is estimated to take about 8-10 weeks. After that, I get to go through the Form 4 (dealer to individual) process, which is estimated to take another 8-10 weeks. The NFA game ain't for the impatient, that's for damn sure.

tyler34: Typically, suppressor purchases are done with all money up front. You pay the dealer for the item in question, then submit your forms along with your $200 check to the ATF, and wait. Think of it as delayed gratification. ;)

Last edited:

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    tyler34: Typically, suppressor purchases are done with all money up front. You pay the dealer for the item in question, then submit your forms along with your $200 check to the ATF, and wait. Think of it as delayed gratification. ;)

thanks for the info. to me its seems as if it would be a common question. +1 to you:yesway:

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I'm trying to decide .308 or .223. I know db reduction is better if you use the right can to the right caliber but if the reduction difference is negligible for a .308 can on a .223 I will go with the multi use larger can. if not then I start working the wife for both.:D

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Yes, you purchase first. You can only submit a form 4 to transfer something you own. Seems weird but that's how it's done. I suppose it's to secure that silencer to you so you don't find something else to do with the money while you wait ;)

Top Bottom