• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cavallo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2023
    Brownsburg
    My wife carries a G43 AIWB. Today she uses a 100% Kydex holster with an Ulticlip because she doesn't wear a belt. The Ulticlip has been wonderful but the Kydex holster is hard and uncomfortable for her.

I'm looking for holster recommendations:
    • Fits G43
    • Work well for Appendix IWB
    • Soft / comfortable
    • Offers some element of retention (not just soft stitched leather)
    • Thin (unlike that Alien Gear modular monstrosity)
    • Have a Ulitclip or something like it that will absolutely stay in-place without a belt yet allow easy on/off

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Good for your wife, for understanding the need to carry on body!

I'm gonna suggest moving the pistol/holster around her waistline. Personally, I cannot find a way to make AIWB work for me. I'd suggest moving the the package around to 3:00 and give that a try for a bit.

Another crazy thought is to try a larger pistol/holster combo. Maybe G48? Maybe a G43x or her current G43 in the longer G48 holster. Spreading out the size of the combo can make the difference to some on comfort. I can attest that the smaller package wants to rock forward more than I'd like. Especially when up and down from sitting.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Another thought is to suggest to your wife to be very observant when reholstering.

Especially with the smaller pistols, it's quite easy to point the gun at yourself when holstering.

Personally, I unclip the holster and reholster the G43 off body, rolling the holster onto the gun. Then reclip the holstered pistol back in place.

:twocents:

cavallo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2023
    Brownsburg
    Another thought is to suggest to your wife to be very observant when reholstering.

Especially with the smaller pistols, it's quite easy to point the gun at yourself when holstering.

Personally, I unclip the holster and reholster the G43 off body, rolling the holster onto the gun. Then reclip the holstered pistol back in place.

:twocents:
    Definitely. She does the same. That is why she likes the quick on/off of the utiliclip.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I would suggest the Phlster pro series. It can be purchased with the monoblock or the mod 4 clips, which bite down well on pants without a belt. It is longer than the 43, but that will act as a keel and keep the gun from tipping out. The rounder shapes of the holster make it extremely comfortable to me.
    I would also suggest trying an enigma if she can, as that will give better concealment, although it is not as simple to remove from your body.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    The longer the holster - the better. Finding a holster for a G48 is, honestly, probably what she'll want. Longer holsters carried AIWB / Centerline will resist keeling over the belt way better than shorter holsters.

For high quality IWB holsters: Henry Holsters (INGO'er and Hoosier and great dude), Phlster, Dark Star Gear, JMM Custom Kydex, Holster Co, KSG Armory, Harry's Holsters, Tenicore. Not in any order.

Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    Phlster enigma is what my wife likes better than any of the other 10 holsters we have. She uses it daily. I just got one and really like it too. My second pick is what ive rocked for a long time is a cooks ulticlip holster and so did the wife and they do still get used just not as much. We both carry g43.

Top Bottom