• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leah Marie

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    K-Town
    My boyfriend wants to get his mom some really good wine but she already has a full bottle of it, and her favorite is Francis Coppola Pinot Noir. Is there anything similar to it that she might like?

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Try Wildcat Creek Winery - they have 9 award winning house wines - their blush is great but 50/50 if they have its so good - their house drys are very good to - great place for a wino :D

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    If she likes pinot Noir then there are many local wineries in the state that make it. I would send her a couple of bottles of it from a local winery. Plus most have tastings about once a week or better.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    What kind of cost are you thinking of spending? You can get some nice Pinot Noirs from Oregon for under $25, which is about the price point for the Francis Coppola Pinot if I recall. If you want California, I'd stick to something from the Russian River valley.

EDIT: I love the suggestion of the poster above; if there is a local winery producing one you ought to give it a taste. Pinot Noir is a hard grape to grow well in our climate though.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Most locals that make the PinoNoir import the grapes from cali. As a matter of fact most eastern USA wines of pino import the grapes from cali. Just does not grow in indiana well.

Hondo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    there are tons of great Pinot's...not knowing your price range makes it tuff...for the money (less tha $20) the Mark West pinot is hard to beat....

Good luck...buy lots and taste them all...that is the best part of wine drinking, it's not about how much you spend, its about finding wines that you like to drink:):

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    My boyfriend wants to get his mom some really good wine but she already has a full bottle of it, and her favorite is Francis Coppola Pinot Noir. Is there anything similar to it that she might like?

1 bottle of wine doesn't last very long or go very far...I know this isn't your question, but why not just get her a back-up bottle?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Pinot Noir is my favorite as well. I'm not distinguished enough to recommend one over another. I did plant 75 vines at our old house but couldn't grow any of the vinifera ones due to climate limitations.

Give it for Christmas and you can use my original line with bottle presentation:

Some say Christmas is a time for Noel, I think it's time for Noir. (then give a snooty upper-class laugh)

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    If you want to shoot me a PM we can talk. I sell wine and spirits for a living and can probably point you in the right direction.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Top Bottom