• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Been working on the garage for the past couple of days and I need to put some cabinets in. I've got approx 21' of space for both base and top cabinets which should give me plenty of work surface for anything I'd need to do.

Can anyone recommend the most affordable route to take? I don't want super cheap crap that'll fall apart but I don't need top of the line stuff either. Just something decent, maybe that I could paint as needed.

hountzmj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    SE Indiana
    Craigslist. Be patient and you should be able to score and entire kitchen's worth for just a few hundred bucks. That's how I got my garage cabinets.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    A couple of suggestions. I found that old units that were taken out during remodeling were stronger than any of the cabnets I found at discounters or liquidators. Since you do not mind painting, that may be a solution.

Purdue is always remodeling. The labs are full of cabinets. You cannot buy the quality of cabinets they are throwing away. Solid, thick oak and maple. No particle board, all ball bearing glides. The have a warehouse that sells their surplus on Sagamore parkway. It is on the website. I bought a couple dresser/desk/bookshelf combo units when they were remodeling a residence hall. They are so sturdy (and heavy) that two men almost could not get them loaded in a pickup. I am sure they would hold up a car.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    3/4" CDX plywood
    1/4" AB plywood
    8' 1 x 4 lumber
    8' 1 x 3 lumber
    8' 1 x 2 lumber
    8' 2 x 2 lumber
    screws
    hinges