• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I have a 12 year old production home that could use some windows. Anyone made this big decision in the past few years? Who does good work / has fair pricing in the Indy area?

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    While not in your area, we do tons of replacement window jobs. I can review the Estimates you get to make sure everything is getting done the way it should and they are using decent windows, if you'd like.

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    I had the guys from Window Man do my house a few years ago. Their prices were very good and their service was top notch.

The main estimator is an INGO member, but his name escapes me.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    A neighbor of ours used Champion Windows, but he said never again. It was a never-ending clustermuck of different crews and wrong products and poorly installed products.

We used McComb Window and Door for our window replacement project about 5 years ago, and we were pleased with their service, communication, etc..

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    While not in your area, we do tons of replacement window jobs. I can review the Estimates you get to make sure everything is getting done the way it should and they are using decent windows, if you'd like.

My wife got a quote to have about 10 windows replaced and the price seemed decent. I just have no idea on materials, warranties, upgrades, etc... I might PM you when I start getting into this a little bit more.

Informed Decision

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Evansville
    I work at at big box store.(blue roof ) we do window installs, & come to your home to talk to you. FREE !! Call your local one. & make arrangements. I can say that here in Evansville we are very competitive , good product choices, & service.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    W replaced our junk Pella windows after six years. They rotted out and Pella refused to look at them under warranty without a service charge of $80.

We we installed Champion vinyl coated aluminum. Going great after six years. Warranty was honored for one broken frame and one insulation failure. So far, so good.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    Just had window world do 5 of mine. Installed at 300 a piece. I priced the same windows at menards and they were 199. They even wrapped them and caulked both inside and out. Im happy.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Our house has Bee Windows in it. I paid for our big picture window to be replaced when we moved in...it was pricey, but I sprung for the triple pain because it was such a large window. Like them...and true to form, talked them down about 33% or so from what they asked for originally as I didn't want to pay 4k for one window...but regardless, good product. THey are all 11 yrs old now, 100% vinyl, and are holding up well. I believe they have a lifetime warranty on them and if you need screens redone...they'll redo them in their shop for you for free.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Speaking of replacement windows...

Anyone know anything about this company? Apex Energy Solutions | Energy Efficient Replacement Windows and Building Products

They stopped by my house yesterday afternoon under the "guise" of seeking out "demo homes". That the guy liked our home's location and he liked the way the house looked from the street (Both BS, if you ask me. We live near the end of a cul-de-sac and have barely above-minimum landscaping...)

Anyhow, the shtick was that if we were to schedule a 1-hour in-home consultation with his supervisor, we'd get around 58% off of our replacement windows due to us being a "demo home". Or, as he put it, basically just the windows at cost.

I'd never heard of this company... Their printed brochure LOOKS great. Their website LOOKS great. But....are they great?

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I suspect you know this...but its all a ploy to get in to your home. If you bite, they'll be there for 4 or 5 hrs(as soon as you show interest the 1 hr demo turns in to a whole house measure and quote) and you'll get the same deal that most anyone else that played hard ball woudl get.

Beyond that, I know nothing about them.

scootn103

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    I just had champion windows install windows throughout my whole house and i am really pleased with the installation , price , and the warranty . Best of luck with your choice.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Speaking of replacement windows...

Anyone know anything about this company? Apex Energy Solutions | Energy Efficient Replacement Windows and Building Products

They stopped by my house yesterday afternoon under the "guise" of seeking out "demo homes". That the guy liked our home's location and he liked the way the house looked from the street (Both BS, if you ask me. We live near the end of a cul-de-sac and have barely above-minimum landscaping...)

Anyhow, the shtick was that if we were to schedule a 1-hour in-home consultation with his supervisor, we'd get around 58% off of our replacement windows due to us being a "demo home". Or, as he put it, basically just the windows at cost.

I'd never heard of this company... Their printed brochure LOOKS great. Their website LOOKS great. But....are they great?[/QUOTE

I wouldn't buy from anyone who shows up at my front door like this. They couldn't stay in business doing what they purport to do.

Informed Decision

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Evansville
    W replaced our junk Pella windows after six years. They rotted out and Pella refused to look at them under warranty without a service charge of $80.

Actually that is true but I guess they didn't mention that it would be credited back to you after they determine it is under warranty. Pella has a good product. I've been selling them for years. & they will stand behind them. They have spent a ton on R & D to make sure they hold up. I believe they would have worked with you . Sorry you had a problem at all.

Percolater

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Just had Window World install some windows for us and we are satisfied overall, but they only deal with what's inside the window frame. I noticed some rot on the inside sill and asked if they could also replace that board, but they said we would have to hire an outside contractor to do anything from the frame out.

Not sure what could have caused the rot (old bug problem, leaky window, leaky mortar, or just left window open in rain), but there is not any mold as far as they could tell.

They said most window companies only deal with windows and not trim repairs. Any suggestions of a place that might do both? Or a contractor that specializes in window trim repair in Carmel? (other than Unique Home Solutions' outrageous pricing) We still have the west side of the house needing windows and don't want to run into this rot problem anywhere else, especially since that side gets the brunt of the weather.

Top Bottom