Need a real estate lawyer recommendation.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    The situation is regarding abandoned property / attractive nuisance.
    Sorry I can not offer a recommendation, but is there a local bar association you can call? They may be willing to point you in the right direction if you are looking for a referral?

Ok now the non boilerplate response, what specifically is the concern? Are we talking abandoned swimming pool? Or some other hazard that presents a clear and present danger?

Do you guys have county commissioners that might be able to intercede on your behalf?

A call to the zoning department?

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    Sorry I can not offer a recommendation, but is there a local bar association you can call? They may be willing to point you in the right direction if you are looking for a referral?

Ok now the non boilerplate response, what specifically is the concern? Are we talking abandoned swimming pool? Or some other hazard that presents a clear and present danger?

Do you guys have county commissioners that might be able to intercede on your behalf?

A call to the zoning department?

I'm thinking that making a full public statement about the situation will only attract more attention, making the issue worse...

The police want nothing to do with it.

I'm just wanting to get the relevant party(s) attention and get it settled, which, as of having written and called multiple private and government agencies and officials have yielded basically nothing. I'm thinking a lawyer could get the ball rolling and maybe knows more than I do about what the options are.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    I'm thinking that making a full public statement about the situation will only attract more attention, making the issue worse...

The police want nothing to do with it.

I'm just wanting to get the relevant party(s) attention and get it settled, which, as of having written and called multiple private and government agencies and officials have yielded basically nothing. I'm thinking a lawyer could get the ball rolling and maybe knows more than I do about what the options are.
    From experience I had an issue with a property owner leasing out travel trailers for full time residents. Constant nuisance, meaning they would wonder over to our back forty trespass leave beer bottles and other unpleasant bio waste.

like you I did not want to rock the boat. So I contacted our county commissioner emailed him my concerns and low and behold it was taken care of.

Might be worth a try especially if it keeps you off the radar and gets a resolution.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    From experience I had an issue with a property owner leasing out travel trailers for full time residents. Constant nuisance, meaning they would wonder over to our back forty trespass leave beer bottles and other unpleasant bio waste.

like you I did not want to rock the boat. So I contacted our county commissioner emailed him my concerns and low and behold it was taken care of.

Might be worth a try especially if it keeps you off the radar and gets a resolution.

The county commissioners, IMHO, have contributed to the issue.

And as far as rocking the boat... I'd take this all the way to the Supreme Court if I had a way to. A completely ignorant and unconstitutional Federal law is an element of this case.

Last edited:

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    The county commissioners, IMHO, have contributed to the issue.

And as far as rocking the boat... I'd take this all the way to the Supreme Court if I had a way to. A completely ignorant and unconstitutional Federal law is an element of this case.
    Ah that makes more sense then. I wish you luck and hope for a favorable outcome for you.

Top Bottom