NBC sweeps ratings finish 5th behind Univision.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Loco179

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    NBC Sweeps Ratings -- Finshes Last For First Time And Behind Univision

Is this a signal for bad times to come?

Comcast bought NBC in 2009 but they are buying the rest of it.

Comcast Buys NBC Universal: Good Or Bad? - Seeking Alpha

Lets talk about the failure of the large networks. What will they do?

Netflix has produced the first of their content. What is going to happen there?

I personally thing NBC is going to die off a painful death. The only reason I think they are floating is that Comcast bought them.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    They are idiots there. They had a hit show, Revolution, so what do they do? Take it off the air for 3-4 months. I saw that they acknowledge that that will likely lose them viewers. Fringe was a great program that struggled in the ratings because they were constantly moving its slot. It had at times a fairly complicated plot lines and it would go on hiatus for months and then it was hard to get back into the show when it returned. That is all besides the other issue of NBC's political leanings that they make all to obvious in their news programs and in their entertainment programming. They now refuse to take any advertising from gun related businesses. So eff them, let them die.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    They are idiots there. They had a hit show, Revolution, so what do they do? Take it off the air for 3-4 months. I saw that they acknowledge that that will likely lose them viewers. Fringe was a great program that struggled in the ratings because they were constantly moving its slot. It had at times a fairly complicated plot lines and it would go on hiatus for months and then it was hard to get back into the show when it returned. That is all besides the other issue of NBC's political leanings that they make all to obvious in their news programs and in their entertainment programming. They now refuse to take any advertising from gun related businesses. So eff them, let them die.

Graduate from a Liberal thought college. Put on suit and tie. Go forth into the world to effect change taught you at said liberal school. Rise up in the ranks at large network on your education status from said lib institution. Attempt to change the world through this media. Realize all to late that you are an over (or under) educated idiot and experience epic fail on a grand scale.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Al Sharpton and Piers Morgan (the lesbo, and friends included) are the most disgustingly unashamed puppets of the president this country has ever seen in the media. Every time they open their mouths and profess their love and admiration for our dear leader, I feel like I am living in North Korea! They are the most toxic personalities on TV.

The only thing good NBC had was Saturday Night Live and Thursday night comedies like The Office, and 30 Rock, but now that I have seen those actors in an anti-gun commercial I have gone on FULL NBC BOYCOTT. I am looking for a way to actually banish the channel from my television so I don't accidentally flip on that garbage.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Roku is good...

Boxee is better....

Cheap desktop with HDMI output = KING!!!

If not for my fiance unwillingness to learn how to use the computer to find shows she likes... I would never pay for cable again ;)

The internet has all the programming anyone could ever want if you know how to find it and where to look for it.

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    NBC just hired the POTUS' former WH Chief of Staff David Axelrod back. I won't watch NBC even if IU is playing.:noway:

Al Sharpton and Piers Morgan (the lesbo, and friends included) are the most disgustingly unashamed puppets of the president this country has ever seen in the media. Every time they open their mouths and profess their love and admiration for our dear leader, I feel like I am living in North Korea! They are the most toxic personalities on TV.

The only thing good NBC had was Saturday Night Live and Thursday night comedies like The Office, and 30 Rock, but now that I have seen those actors in an anti-gun commercial I have gone on FULL NBC BOYCOTT. I am looking for a way to actually banish the channel from my television so I don't accidentally flip on that garbage.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Roku is good...

Boxee is better....

Cheap desktop with HDMI output = KING!!!

If not for my fiance unwillingness to learn how to use the computer to find shows she likes... I would never pay for cable again ;)

The internet has all the programming anyone could ever want if you know how to find it and where to look for it.

We have ROKU and Love it. Please Tell me about Boxee ? advantages, etc. We do not use hand helds just home TV

SecondhandSnake

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    NBC and Comcast, there's a marriage made in hell.

One provides lousy, biased programming, the other struggles to provide decent quality service. I hope both of them get either bought out, or outright fail.

Sfrandolph

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    Boone county
    Based on the bias of their news (lol) presentations and the quality of their programming, I'm really surprised that they ended up as high as they did. I personally put them below OWN.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I stopped watching NBC last year. Too bad, because I really liked Sunday Night Football until Costas ruined it for me.

It still amazes me how many really good TV shows were taken off the air because they were unlucky enough to be picked up by NBC and then trashed by scheduling and general stupidity of the network.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    I ditched cable and got netflix a long time ago, i also have a smart TV that hooks to the internet to download whatever i want. its really nice, especially having the kids stuff on netflix and i can control what she watches. NBC might be the next MSNBC, as they lose viewers they feel they need to become more extreme to attract more people, and the more extreme liberal they get the more viewers they lose. its hilarious to watch but sad that people are actually like this. i'd rather get the news from my dog rather than watch any of the big media networks nightly news, its so terrible.

Top Bottom