• ...and so much more!
  • JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    So I got the message on my phone via text message as I guess most of you did. On my Samsung S9 (Verizon) the message header is "Presidential Alerts". Did every message say this our just mine to **** me off! What the hell did Pedo Joe have to do with any of it? He would not have picked 2:20 for sure because that's in the middle of nap time. :bash:

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    So I got the message on my phone via text message as I guess most of you did. On my Samsung S9 (Verizon) the message header is "Presidential Alerts". Did every message say this our just mine to **** me off! What the hell did Pedo Joe have to do with any of it? He would not have picked 2:20 for sure because that's in the middle of nap time. :bash:
    Mine read "National Alert", so maybe Joe had a special message just for you...

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Pretty sure all the text messages would have that header. I don't know for sure as I didn't get one myself, but I know that this category of EAS message always carries the "Presidential Alert" header in the system we use at our radio station.

Edit: I stand corrected...
    Mine read "National Alert", so maybe Joe had a special message just for you...

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Didn't get a text but an "national alert" message popped up at some point. First one in Spanish with and 2nd in English

Guess Spanish is the good Ole USAs first language now

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I turned my phone off at 2:17, right before I left work, then turned it back on when I got home 20 minutes later. Nothing, not even a “missed alert” notification.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    As a service to my tin foil hat wearing friends, I ran an experiment. I powered off my phone at 2:00.
    No, the gubmint didn't somehow magically turn on my phone at 2:20. When I powered it back up at 2:30, I got bombarded with multiple alerts in English and Spanish.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    President Biden reportedly tripped while excitedly scurrying to the dining room for his mid-morning oatmeal, and found himself unable to get up. In a vain attempt to activate Life Alert, Mr. Biden initiated the National Emergency Alert System, triggering a message to 330 million phones. Sadly, none of those included 9-1-1 operators or Life Alert itself.

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    my employer has a system where if there is a Emergency / Fire at a Location - it sends a Evacuation text to your company Cellphone and you have to Reply that you have Evacuated or Were not physically in that location

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Gotta make sure the system is tuned up so they can get messages out to the American people before anyone else does. We're coming into what is no doubt going to be an interesting year and we've all learned that he/she who controls the information controls the outcome.

Anyone want to place a wager as to whether or not this "emergency" system is used for something other than a true emergency between now and Nov 2024?

Top Bottom