• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    How likely do you guys think getting National Reciprocity through congress will be? Republicans have only a small majority in the senate and I can see democrats using any method possible to block it (such as filibusters). In addition, it's possible not all GOP senators could agree.

Also, I see this being challenged in the the courts if it does passes. Of course, if it gets to the supreme court they are likely to rule in favor of it with the balance shifting more conservative with Trump's new addition to the court.

This is something I want more than anything right now.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    How likely do you guys think getting National Reciprocity through congress will be? Republicans have only a small majority in the senate and I can see democrats using any method possible to block it (such as filibusters). In addition, it's possible not all GOP senators could agree.

Also, I see this being challenged in the the courts if it does passes. Of course, if it gets to the supreme court they are likely to rule in favor of it with the balance shifting more conservative with Trump's new addition to the court.

This is something I want more than anything right now.

Too bad. I came to this thread to give away 1 million dollars but you just wanted my opinion....

I think you will get your wish.

I also think I will buy 2 to 3 extra suppressors because I won't have to pay the tax.

Anyone know of a publicly traded suppressor manufacturer?

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    Couple more things... How about restricts some states have such as magazine limits? Would it still be illegal for me to go into some states with my 17 round mags? How about open/concealed? Indiana lets me do either... will I be able to open carry in Illinois?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I think some kind of national reciprocity is viable, but don't expect national reciprocity without some kind of training requirement.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I think some kind of national reciprocity is viable, but don't expect national reciprocity without some kind of training requirement.

I'd take the under on that one, but can see your reason I think? Pick up support from democratic legislators in gun friendly states?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'd take the under on that one, but can see your reason I think? Pick up support from democratic legislators in gun friendly states?

That and protect Republicans in vulnerable states...and it's all about perception. Don't forget, the Republican party treats gun owners similarly to the way the Democratic party treats black people. They take them for granted, give them just enough to keep them loyal, and make them scared to support the other side.

Last edited:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Couple more things... How about restricts some states have such as magazine limits? Would it still be illegal for me to go into some states with my 17 round mags? How about open/concealed? Indiana lets me do either... will I be able to open carry in Illinois?

National reciprocity would have no impact on the laws regarding manner of carry in a given state. If there are magazine restrictions, then they would apply to in-state residents carrying on that state's license, as well as on non-residents carrying on their own state's resident license. If there are restrictions involving open vs. concealed carry, then they would apply to in-state residents carrying on that state's license, as well as on non-residents carrying on their own state's resident license.

Anything else (including Hough's training requirements) would be something *other* than reciprocity.

Top Bottom