• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The debt ceiling was a device contrived by people who don't believe in the concept as a tool of mitigating public outrage at spendthrift spending--an outrage that is dying a slow death as those who blindly grasp for .gov spending become a majority.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Yep, who wants to lay odds on it being raised before Christmas?

. O won't allow the republicans to steer clear of the sequestration measures without getting his rich mans tax passed. The House will cave, military budgets will be saved, we'll hit $17 trillion and the Gubmint Cheese line will continue to grow.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    At this late stage of the game.... who cares. If Romney couldn't win what would make anyone in their right mind think someone further to the right of Romney would have any chance.:n00b: A Ron Paul or a Gary Johnson type wouldn't even be a blip on the radar. Elections are now a media driven event, and the brain dead voters simply soak in what is force fed to them. I can honestly say I don't know if I'll bother to vote any longer, what's the point?

The majority made it quite clear last night, the fact we're $16 trillion in debt meant nothing. The majority doesn't want freedom or liberty, they want that false sense of security and are willing to give up liberty/freedom in an attempt to get it.

They also want "stuff," and will continue to vote for the candidate who promises them the most "stuff".

SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central
    At this late stage of the game.... who cares. If Romney couldn't win what would make anyone in their right mind think someone further to the right of Romney would have any chance.:n00b: A Ron Paul or a Gary Johnson type wouldn't even be a blip on the radar. Elections are now a media driven event, and the brain dead voters simply soak in what is force fed to them. I can honestly say I don't know if I'll bother to vote any longer, what's the point?

The majority made it quite clear last night, the fact we're $16 trillion in debt meant nothing. The majority doesn't want freedom or liberty, they want that false sense of security and are willing to give up liberty/freedom in an attempt to get it.

They also want "stuff," and will continue to vote for the candidate who promises them the most "stuff".

rep inbound.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

I suppose it's quite possible that the majority felt that Romney was no more capable of fixing these issues than Obama.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I suppose it's quite possible that the majority felt that Romney was no more capable of fixing these issues than Obama.

We will have to agree to disagree.

If you go back and look at O's campaign speeches, he wasn't promising 'stuff', he skirted it, alluded to it, talked around it, but always stayed in the "we can fix this" arena. Because you, I, and many others could see through the rhetoric, we looked at his actions and didn't listen to the words. However, there were more who did and we have another 4 years.

I have to side with Hornady on this, as I didn't believe Romney would make things better, again looking at actions rather than listening to words. I don't think conservatives and libertarians have a lock on the market when it comes to that. Liberals and uncommitteds can see BS too. It just depends on what the bias is when looking for it.

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    Fixing this mess is going to be EXTREMELY tough no matter who is in office. As a country, how do you get out of a $16T+ hole? It would be like me being in debt to the tune of $1 million. Income is not great enough to pay it off and can't work enough to make that much. Can't cut any more expenses and still live. Think about how hard it is to get in agreement with your spouse on the family budget. Now imagine what it is like with the 100s ... no, 1000s ... in the federal government, agencies, etc. Can they EVER work together? It will take the people stepping forward, forcing a change, willing to work and fight for it.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I heard on the news a (R) saying America votes show they don't care about the debt, an they don't care if we go more into debt, the more the better......so we will be going down that road.

How far we are going to make it before the damn breaks is anyones guess.....an when it does the masses still won't have a clue why, how or what happen.....they will just stand around for free food, gas an blankets until they die a cluless death.

Top Bottom