Name an album with nothing but great songs on it.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Admittedly this is a bit of a cheat. It's a 25+ minute instrumental that then runs in reverse, but it is relatively recent (2014 I believe) and a good way to pass almost an hour.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I never got into heavy metal (unless you consider Sabbath as heavy metal). I seemed to be more into psychedelia/blues/folk early on. I think I was supposed to be a hippie. I just never had the hair for it. :):

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    There was mention of Megadeath. Another great band, and if it weren't for his ejection from Metallica, we wouldn't have been introduced to what could've been on Metallica's albums.

Furthermore: "Four Horsemen" (Metallica)is a rekajigggered version of a song Mustaine wrote and later released with Megadeth as "Mechanix"

Mechanix is the better song

Flytj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2021
    NWI
    Being a bass player, I have asked many of my musical friends this same question... It seems that "Guns and Roses - Appetite for destruction" comes up a lot... but I didn't see it mentioned. That's my vote!

Kernelkrink

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2016
    grant county
    Pretty much all of Laura Branigan's albums. Heard Gloria on the radio and was hooked. Other than her cover of "the name game" I can't think of any solo song she did that I won't stop to listen to. One of my big regrets was never going to see her perform live when I could. She pretty much retired to take care of her terminally ill husband in the 90s, but was making a comeback in the early 2000s. She was playing a lot of clubs around NY, until she died in her sleep in 2004. That girl could sing!

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    OK, so many of the albums are a bit "commercial".

Most of my collection comes from the internet archive https://archive.org/details/GratefulDead. I have all the Betty Cantor soundboard shows downloaded to my library and many other good ones too. They were definitely more of a live jam band than a recording/studio band.

The tour with Bruce Hornsby was awesome.

Looking forward to Dead & Co. coming up in June. John Mayer is almost a better Jerry than Jerry was (at least not so high like Jerry was most of the time).
    Thank you for posting the link

Top Bottom