• ...and so much more!
  • indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I read today about how a classmate's husband barrel rolled his tractor into their pond and as he was pinned under the machine, his struggle to get his head above water to take a breath and yell out his wife's name. About 2 minutes by her account. By the grace of God she heard him and was able to get him out of the water. Also by the grace of God he was not severely injured. He is a capable and experienced man with many hours on the tractor. But only God determines your time on this earth.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Reminds me, I keep forgetting to talk to the doctor about what I suspect to be occasional acid reflux. Sit straight up out of bed after kicking up some stomach acid into your windpipe, and #### gets real, real quick. Literally struggling to just gasp enough to get some air down the windpipe. It's scary.

Last edited:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Reminds me, I keep forgetting to talk to the doctor about what I suspect to be occasional acid reflux. Sit straight up out of bed after kicking up some stomach acid into your windpipe, and #### gets real, real quick. It's scary.
    Could also be a hiatal hernia. I get this often and had no idea I had this condition until it showed up on a cardiac scan.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Could also be a hiatal hernia. I get this often and had no idea I had this condition until it showed up on a cardiac scan.
    I'll get that checked. Was that heart scan, a cat scan or something else?

I assume had to be surgically fixed?

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I'll get that checked. Was that heart scan, a cat scan or something else?

I assume had to be surgically fixed?
    A lot of people have them and I haven't had any treatment other than antacids. The doctor suggested a cardiac scan that checks for calcium deposits, which can indicate higher risk for plaque. It was quick and not at all invasive. I think the hospital in Michigan City where he sent me charged $49. It was in the Franciscan network.

Top Bottom