My personal BOYCOTT of STAPLES Office Supply for Anti-Gun/Anti-Freedom positions

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Staples office supply stores are running a contest. I'm OK with that.

Staples gets an entry from a guy who runs a gun shop.

Staples then denies the entry from the gun shop because Staples lumps LEGAL GUNS into the same category as ILLEGAL DRUGS. Also lumped in with ILLEGAL drugs are tobacco (I smoke the occasional cigar at the cigar lounge) and alcohol (been known to drink an adult beverage).

So if you want a Beer at the Baseball game then STAPLES doesn't like you.

If you want to pass out a Cigar when you have a new baby, then STAPLES doesn't like you.

And if you own a gun, be it for hunting or personal protection, then STAPLES doesn't like you.

Well, I tend to avoid the places where I am not welcome.

LINK TO STORY => Staples Disqualifies Gun Stores, Lumps Firearms Together With Illegal Drugs

REPLY FROM STAPLES:
    We're sorry, but your small business entry into the Staples PUSH It Forward Contest has been rejected for the following reason(s): Entry contains content that promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message; is obscene or offensive; or endorses any form of hate or hate group.

So ILLEGAL DRUGS are just like guns? Just like the occasional cigar I smoke? Just like drinking wine with dinner? WTF!?!

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Wow. I suppose they are gonna start burning books that they don't agree with next. This stuff just gets way out of hand. :rolleyes:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Wow. I suppose they are gonna start burning books that they don't agree with next. This stuff just gets way out of hand. :rolleyes:

Why would we do that?

I'm simply not spending my money at a store that doesn't like me.

Big difference.

Why would you choose to give your money to a company that not only doesn't support your rights but is actually opposed to what you do?

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    REPLY FROM STAPLES:
    We're sorry, but your small business entry into the Staples PUSH It Forward Contest has been rejected for the following reason(s): Entry contains content that promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message; is obscene or offensive; or endorses any form of hate or hate group.!​

They probably don't allow their employees to participate either. The darkened text could explain why. Staples is the hate group.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I'm considering going in there and loading the most expensive stuff I can find into a cart, then when I get to checkout going "Oh ****, I thought this was Office Depot" and walking out, leaving the thousands in merchandise sitting there.

ETA I've heard of some silly reasons since this panic set in several months back, but this just takes the cake.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I read kg's response the same way as melensdad.
    I wrote it the same way that CIB understands it. Where do you guys get the impression that I meant "WE" should start burning books in protest to Staples policy?

Maybe some people don't get the background behind the "burning books" reference? Too obscure I guess. :dunno:

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    I wrote it the same way that CIB understands it. Where do you guys get the impression that I meant "WE" should start burning books in protest to Staples policy?

Maybe some people don't get the background behind the "burning books" reference? Too obscure I guess. :dunno:

No I get it. For some reason I saw "we"and not "they" lol

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    No I get it. For some reason I saw "we"and not "they" lol
    No big deal. Let's just say that I don't agree with Staples policies and I don't advocate anyone burning any books for any reason.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This anti-gun thing seems to be running the same play book that the anti-smokers started in the '80's. They were successful in gaining statewide smoking bans, smoke-free work places, etc. by the steady drum beat of health hazards (real and imagined), marginalizing, ridicule, etc. the product and/or those that used it. That strategy worked once, it may well work again against gun owners.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    And yet, Staples will hold an account with a nationwide armored truck company for all of their office and support supplies. But that's just fine!

Degtyaryov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Many (if not most) illegal drugs are safer and less addicting than alcohol, and certainly tobacco. Of course that's neither here nor there, and staples can go screw themselves.

Top Bottom