• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaddyFixSemi

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    Princeton, In
    sadly, that is one of the drawbacks of getting the PPQ. is that there are so few polymer holsters out there right now that are made for the gun. Now like voodoo said there are many leather holsters that will fit the PPQ quite nicely.

For me it was a personal choice to order the holster that i did, I would rather have a active retention style holster, since I plan to use my PPQ as my EDC and OC with it.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Daddy, sounds like you also have a P99. I do too & I love it but the trigger bites my finger. The trigger curve on the PPQ looks less aggressive & I'm trying to decide if I should sell the P99 and move to the PPQ.

What do you think about overall fit, finish and operation compared to the P99? My P99 is a work of art. It's very accurate & since the trigger action reworked by S&W is fantastic. The PPQ (from pictures) looks more mass produced & not as "polished".

Barua

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2011
    Eagle Creek
    I've had no retention issues with fitting my PPQ into the Blackhawk Serpa P99 holster. Besides there is a retention screw on the holster you can adjust for desired effect.

DaddyFixSemi

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    Princeton, In
    Hop what generation and model do you have for your p99?

as far as the trigger on the ppq vs the p99*** yes the ppq trigger is less aggressive and has a more natural curve to it. As for the overall fit and finish of the ppq vs the p99,, other then the minor cosmetic difference's. They are virtually the same on the outside. However from all the research i did before buying my ppq. I found that they are completely different internally. If i where you I would keep the p99 and get a ppq as well.

DogBurton

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    Question for My new PPQ

I also just could not leave the latest Indy 1500 without a new PPQ. I am having a surprising amount of thought about the PPQ as a Single Action Only Pistol. Yet I can pull the trigger and it will go bang - once the slide is cycled.

Question-
    Is anyone with PPQ experience bothered by not being able to keep one in the chamber AND have the pistol Decocked? Not my first gun. :n00b: It is my first Striker Fire and first non-Double Action and first Plastic handgun. (Sig P226, S&W 629).

Feedback please? I know it is a perception versus reality concept that i will learn to live with.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    I've had my PPQ for 4 months now. No AD/ND into my leg, no AD/ND at all. Other than cleaning it, or having just fired it, it's had one in the chamber at all times. I've banged it against desks, chairs, walls, gotten it snagged by seat belts and bags that I've been carrying. It's gotten layed on while working on the car, truck, and bike. It's had the little girl accidently kick it, step on it, banged into it while rough-housing.

It performs flawlessly after unholstering it.

tdoom15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Question-
    Is anyone with PPQ experience bothered by not being able to keep one in the chamber AND have the pistol Decocked? Not my first gun. :n00b: It is my first Striker Fire and first non-Double Action and first Plastic handgun. (Sig P226, S&W 629).

Feedback please? I know it is a perception versus reality concept that i will learn to live with.

Not at all, FPB and the sear would BOTH have to fail in order to fire without pulling the trigger. To me, it is a non issue.

Top Bottom