• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    Go see the boys at Beech Grove, they might even let you hold a P22 with an Outback II silencer by Gemtech. They will help you fill out the paperwork once you buy one and all you have to do is go get fingerprinted and have your local Chief sign the form then mail the form off with $200 and wait 8 to 12 weeks and you will be able to take your silencer home. Total Cost will be closer to $500 but you can use the silencer on any threaded 22 you own including rifles.

cox7215

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Kokomo, IN
    Love the gun!!! I have it in black, you need to add the factory laser sight, it makes the gun a lot more fun to shoot!!! I am adding the silincer as well as soon as I get home from here!!!! Bob's guns in Kokomo is a class III he sells them for 200$.... B

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    well I did know that a supressor means no Bang.....I have always "lusted" after the idea of having one but I didn't know I could get one.

I know the barrel has the threads, so it will cost aroud 400 to ge the supressor?

Do they where out or they good for ever?

The P22 is already threaded for a suppressor, but you'll have to buy a $30 adapter ring. Go read the NFA forum for full details on the paperwork process.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    The P22 really sings with high-velocity ammo...like CCI Stingers.

But I bought mine used (could hardly tell it) and it ate bulk-pack Federal like no one's business.

The only feeding problems I ever had was trying to run non-coated lead bullets on a dirty firearm. The copper-washed stuff fed just fine dirty and clean.

Last I heard from Ri22o (sold it to him), it was still going strong.

Good purchase, you'll like it. Plus it's a good firearm to teach others about shooting.

-J-

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Question: Is the P-99 also have a threaded barrel???? Im in the market for the older actual Walther 99 ???? B

Nope...standard barrel.

BUT, there are aftermarket threaded barrels available. But they are NOT cheap.

If I remember correctly, they're in the $250+ range... Kind of salty if you ask me.

-J-

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    I'm guessing, if he is smart, his next purchase will be an awesome XD of some type.:D

an XD is on the list. My dad has a subcompact .40...a budy has a Glock 27 and there is no comparison, XD all the way.

I may hold out for the XDM .45 or I may go with the compact .45

Either way XD is on the list

wwdkd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Valparaiso
    I've owned my P22 for a while and believe it or not it is one of my more accurate guns and it will take any ammo I throw at it.

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    Well I got to shoot it a lot this weekend and will get to more this week!!

Out of all the ammo I tried, it liked Spitfires the least. Kept jamming and woulnt load the next round.

CCI Stingers, CCI Velocitors, CCI Mini Mags, Rem. Golden Bullets, all worked great.

Federal Bulk pack worked decent.

Also I discovered that this is not the carbon frame as I was told.

Walther made some that had a Damascus steel look and this is one of them.

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    I've had my P22 for about 3-4 years now. I have ran everything in the world through it. In fact I have ran over 16000 rounds out of it. No joke. I also have a TAC 65 suppressor for it that I have over 13000 rounds through. I have used lead nosed, hollow points, solid, copper, brass, you name it type of tips.
    Trick is, keep the chamber clean after you are done. Run a bore snake down it both ways several times. Lube it good when you are done.
    If you are using a suppressor, no lead nosed rounds. The lead builds up way to fast and will cause failure in the suppressor. Found out the hard way.
    I did have the slide break in half. That was at about 13 or 14 thousand rounds. Sent it back to S&W/Walther and they fixed it for free. Now it is fine.
    I also use the P22 for my every day carry.:yesway:
    Needless to say. I love it. I also have a new in the box, in case something happens to old faithful.
    I have both guns as all black w/3" barrel.

Skoty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    My P22 eats pretty much anything I feed it. I just shoot the cheapest brick ammo I can find at Walmart. 550 rounds for like $13.

Call me silly, but I have gone to every Walmart on westside of Indianapolis including Plainfield and Brownsburg. Can someone tell me where they keep Pistol ammo? All I ever find is Shotgun shells. Do I need to ask for it or what?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Call me silly, but I have gone to every Walmart on westside of Indianapolis including Plainfield and Brownsburg. Can someone tell me where they keep Pistol ammo? All I ever find is Shotgun shells. Do I need to ask for it or what?

It's always in a locked cabinet. Sometimes it's behind the counter. Either way, it'll be right next to the sporting goods counter.

Top Bottom