• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Here is my new 10/22 tactical that I bought from Michiana.

I added the front handle, bipod, hi cap mag and the red/green dot.

I think it looks great and can't wait to go and try it out!

10-22005.jpg

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Let me know how it shoots. Too late, I already bought one from Michiana as well :) For under $300, how can you not like it.

I took it to the range today to zero in the sight.

I didn't clean it before I shot it so I'm sure that that had someting to do with it. I had a new sharp claw extractor at home so I figured that I would clean it good when I took it apart to install it.

I was shooting bulk .22 from walmart and at first it it would misfeed one out of 5 or 6 but after 25 rounds it started to feed better and better and after 200 rounds it would feed 23 or 24 out of 25.

The clip I had was used and it looked like it so I'm thinking that some of the feed issues were the clip and the not being cleaned.

I really enjoyed shooting it and the ballance feels great.

I would highly recomend this gun!

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Here is what it takes to make it like mine.

Bi-pod - 33.00
    http://u-t-g.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=71

Handle 15.00 (make sure it fits a the rail that they sale for the AK47)
    http://u-t-g.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=52&products_id=50

The clip is made by Butler Creek. - 20.00

The sight was one that I had, it's just a cheap one that was around 60.00

The rail on the bottom of the gun is under that cover on the bottom, the cover just slides off and there it is.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Mine actually started as the compact version of the 10/22, which is a little smaller and lighter than the carbine. Dropping it into the stock was so easy even I could do it.

One caveat: the stock will only work with the skinny barrels. If you have a bull barrel, you're either going to have to modify the stock or find a different option.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Retrofit a 10/22 vs buy new

If you already have a 10/22 you want to convert you can pick up a Tapco stock for around $90-$110 and make your own. If you have to go out and buy a 10/22 and conversion stock you will end up with more invested than buying one factory converted unless you can find some super deals I have not seen.

I am not sure if the Tapco stocks they sell for comversions are exactly the same as the ones that are coming out of Ruger. Has anyone had two side by side to compare?

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    You know if you already have a gun that you want to take apart then this isn't the deal for you but if like me you don't have an old 10/22 taking up space then this is a great deal.

Last week I saw one at a local shop (not dons or pops) for 360.00.

BTW I have nothing to do with Michiana's business, I just wanted to show my friends on the site what I had done.

baglorious

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    NW IN
    Novice Ruger owner disclaimer: I purchased a new MkII recently... my first Ruger. And I've shot it once, with zero modifications. I have already ordered a Volquartsen sear, trigger, and extractor. I've read several posts that say a new extractor solves 95% of the ejection problems. Not sure it's necessary (I had ZERO misfires or failures in my first several hundred rounds), but I do like to tinker.

I think there will be a 10/22 in my future as well. :D

HollowaySF

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    That is a pretty sweet looking Ruger. You just can't go wrong w/ the 10/22, I know mine has killed lots of squirrels and a few other little critters that ended up in her sights.

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    Literally almost every jam I have in a 10/22 is related to an aftermarket mag. Run the stock mag and see how it runs then just as a diag thing. An extractor never hurt one either, but normally it is the hicap mag to blame first. Easiest thing to check too, before you spend more trying to fix it.

I have to send my bolt to Hoosier Gun Coat soon to have it worked over for my 10/22 so I can shoot subsonic more reliably.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    10/22 extended mags

Literally almost every jam I have in a 10/22 is related to an aftermarket mag. Run the stock mag and see how it runs then just as a diag thing.quote]

Does Ruger make extended mags for their 10/22's? I could not find them on their web site. Who makes the best banana mags for these guns?

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    154   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    No Ruger does not

Ruger does not make anything larger than a 10 rounder. The steel lip version of the butler creek function fairly reliably but the best on the market are the Tactical Innovation mags. They come in Composite and aluminum but are pricey

Top Bottom