• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Ruger does not make anything larger than a 10 rounder. The steel lip version of the butler creek function fairly reliably but the best on the market are the Tactical Innovation mags. They come in Composite and aluminum but are pricey

Tactical Innovations - yes. The metal bodied mags are really nice, but expensive. They also make a composite bodied version.

Tactical Innovations Inc.

rcuhljr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Carmel
    Saw one of these without all the fancy trimmings when I was picking up my rifle from Michiana, pretty little gun.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    One man's crap is another man's cost effective solution.

Re: mags ... so far I've had great luck with Butler Creek Steel Lips. In fact, they've worked better than one of my factory Ruger mags (which I returned to Bob at Plainfield Shooting Supply who very graciously replaced it on the spot! Bob is cool!).

Most people I know who have tried the Butler Creek hot lips mags (plastic feed lips instead of steel) have had good luck with them . . . for a while. I think their useful life is inadequate even for recreational use, and the steel lips are a better value even though they cost about $5 more.

Last edited:

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    You know what they say about opinions!

My eyes hurt from all the tapco crap hanging on that rifle.

The stock is Tapco and the rifle is assembled at the Ruger factory. According to Repair none of the add-ons are Tapco; so much for your knowledge of firearms. Opinions are like a_ s h_ _ _ s, everybody has one. :)

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    banana mags

other then the tapco that the factory used I don't have any on it.

I found some black Butler Creek 25 round Banana Mags, steel lipped in the new CDNN catalog so I ordered four to see what they are like and how they work. This brand gets good reviews from members on INGO. Bought a couple different red dot sights to test out that were on sale. Have to keep up with Repair. I ordered the UTG ForeGrip and Bi-Pod last night to so now have a complete package to go shooting with in a week.

Top Bottom