• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JR50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Significantly North of Rt. 30
    A 12 gauge with a Knoxx recoil reducing stock should do the trick. A good bet is the Remington 870 Express 18" with the Knoxx stock.

41-10-Category_Primary_Image.jpeg

Last edited:

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    find her a 20 ga mossberg 500 with pistol grip 18 inch barrel .

I have one for home defense perfect gun for that managable recoil loaded with 00buck will do the job just fine , also with it being pistol grip short barrel easier to manage in a close quater situation , such as an apartment ...:twocents:

+1

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    Those loads also fail to function adequately as defensive loads. They are utterly inadequate for that purpose.

Light target 12ga loads don't have the power of magnun buckshot. Experts agree with that. But these same men say(I sure don't know) that at the close range of home self defense ,10 to 20 ft. that wad of shot hasn't begun to spread.Rob Pincus for one ,and at Gunsite on PDTV have said if over penetration is a concern, birdshot is a viable option. I keep both loads on my 12ga's double'ought buck and birdshot#4.

Last edited:

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    12ga light loads as in low brass 7.5 or 8 shot will put a slug like hole in anything inside of 20-25 feet when shot out of a full choke or even better an extra full choke. she can handle a 12ga loaded with anything as long as the gun fits her well. take her to "try" some out,make sure she doesnt strain to shoulder the weapon{the size of the weapon shouldnt make her want to lean back when she shoulders it} she needs something she can shoulder quickly and lean into. if it fits her well the recoil will not bother her one bit even with the heaviest of loads.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN

no argument really..atleast on my end. 00 or even 4 buck is the better choice for HD. but if all you have are game loads your still going to be capable of stopping a BG{atleast your firearm will be}. anyone who has spent any time hunting with a shotgun can tell you how devastating light loads are within range.

Old Salt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    Avon
    Why not let her shoot what she wants, and if she is happy with it buy it for her. Don't baby her, she might surprise you. The women of my family have been great shooters, and not afraid of recoil.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I'd say go ahead and get the 12 ga but get some of the reduced recoil 00 buckshot, or some of the mini 2" 00 buckshot shells for home defense. If you throw in the knoxx stock then you are set all around

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    I'd say go ahead and get the 12 ga but get some of the reduced recoil 00 buckshot, or some of the mini 2" 00 buckshot shells for home defense. If you throw in the knoxx stock then you are set all around

I'm about 90% sure I'm gonna go this route . Now to find one about 18 " on the cheap is another story .

Top Bottom