• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Glocks are popular with new shooters because of the name recognition that you see on the news, tv shows and movies. I'm not a fan of the founder of the company, but that's another story. My first introduction to a Glock was a model 21. The SO where I lived came to the outdoor range while I was shooting. There was a Glock rep. with them. As thanks for taking over the range, they invited me to test fire the Glock 21. It jammed a few times on me. The Glock rep. said that I was limp wristing the pistol. Before being interrupted, I had been shooting an accurized Colt 1911 that Jim Clark built. I was using my own loads and shooting one handed. I wasn't having any trouble limp wristing that Clark accurized Colt 1911. That kind of soured me on the pistol, but later I bought a Glock 23. I had to buy adjustable sights and move them over the the stop and even drift the rear sight in the dovetail to get the gun to shoot where I aimed it. I heard all kinds of advice that I didn't know how to shoot a Glock and needed more work. I was a happy man, the day I sold it. Sig P320's and my Sig P365 are reliable (if not a rare ammo problem, they run 100%) and relatively accurate. The only thing I've changed is the size of the grip module.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    What’s your honest take on it? The .45 GAP has had my interest for a while and I even looked for one on Gunbroker at one time(to no avail). You’re probably the first person I’ve seen that actually owns one.
    Putting aside ammo availability....it is a bit of a "almost as good as _____" caliber. Not quite 45acp even though it makes a smaller framed gun with alot of shootability...but 40 gives you that too, then again 9mm gives you even more capacity but then 357 sig hits harder with good capacity, etc. etc. etc.

In the absence of 40SW it might have been a hit but 40 existed and that's the direction LE went...until it didn't.

BigRed3588

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    Boynton Beach
    Putting aside ammo availability....it is a bit of a "almost as good as _____" caliber. Not quite 45acp even though it makes a smaller framed gun with alot of shootability...but 40 gives you that too, then again 9mm gives you even more capacity but then 357 sig hits harder with good capacity, etc. etc. etc.

In the absence of 40SW it might have been a hit but 40 existed and that's the direction LE went...until it didn't.
    What would you consider to be the closest comparison in terms of shooting experience. If it’s anything like a 40, it’s a pass for me.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    What would you consider to be the closest comparison in terms of shooting experience. If it’s anything like a 40, it’s a pass for me.
    Less than 45 acp and a different impulse than 40. It is a pretty mild shooting caliber.

I guess it is 9mm-ish but then you are comparing a 115/124 grain projectile to a 200/230 grainer.

Part of it is the platform - in my opinion - Glocks do not manage recoil as well as, say an SW M&P or a Sig P320 or a CZP10c. Granted, I have many more rounds through a SW MP than any other striker gun.

BigRed3588

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    Boynton Beach
    Maybe since its 28 here and you are in Florida, you should just invite me down for the weekend? I'll bring plenty of ammo.
    Oof. We’re between 75-80 down here, the rainy season hasn’t started, and the snowbirds are leaving. It’s the perfect time to come… I don’t have anything too exotic but I have some fun shooters. I’ve been enjoying the hell out of my SBR Dissent in 5.7x28.

Top Bottom