• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Guys/Gals,
    I had some guns stolen the night before last. I'm going to make a list here and update it with serial numbers and some photos as I go. I know who the meth heads are that did it but there's no evidence to tie them to it yet. Here's a list of what they took. To my knowledge the guns are still in the South Bend/Mishawaka area so if any of these pop up for sale, heads up. They may pop up on NICS at some point.

1. CVA Buckhorn (If you run across this one, let me know so I can send them a thank you card for stealing it.)

2. Old Savage Model 64 .22 rifle with a black plastic stock. No commercial value to it but it's the first gun I ever owned.

3. An old Spanish AYA 12 gauge SxS shotgun. This has a Galco butt pad on it.

4. Remington 760 (the old model before the 7600) .270 pump action rifle.

5. Remington 870. The only thing that distinguishes this one is it is an early 80s model and can only handle 2 3/4" shells.

6. Traditions Muzzle Loader. It has a distinctive brass star in the butt stock. I'll try to find a photo.

7. Blued Encore pistol frame with a stainless 15" .22 LR barrel.

8. Ruger P345

9. Sig P2022

10. Ruger LCP

11. Maybe they took my NEF mini mag conversion. .22 LR adn .22 Mag. I can't tell. They ransacked the heck out of my place and I don't know yet if it's there or not.

12. They took another muzzleloader that was a beater I restored as practice. It is distinctive because it has no front sight, and the barrel is browned rather than blued. It came from a Sear catalog in the 60s and again has no real commercial value but it's odd enough that it might tie in the nimrods to the theft.

Aside from the gun they took an Gransfors Bruks Forest Axe, a Gransfors Bruks Kubben, an Esee Junglas and an Esee 4 along with a couple other distinctive knives that I have photos of and will post here. They also got a Maxpedition Vulture II pack in Foliage Green which you cannot buy at any store here. I had to have it mail ordered here.

Anyway, I luckily had my prized babies with me and nothing they took is irreplaceable and thankfully I wasn't home otherwise I'd be hiring an INGO lawyer and/or clean up service. :D All that was lost is some property and a couple night's sleep. But some of the stuff is odd ball enough to express an odd sense of taste :D that is may trigger someone's memory if they saw it.

pathfinder317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Franklin In
    good luck , make sure you list them on Hotgunz dot com , and keep an eye on hoosier topics , and your local gunshops , meth heads aren't exactly smart , and they might take them to a local FFL to sell or trade them.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Time to buy a safe.

As for insurance, call your agent. Most homeowners policies have a low limit on firearms coverage. If you have more than the limit, you need to buy extra coverage.

:yesway:

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    That is so aggravating... Talk about feeling violated. I hope you had 50k in cash in your mattress that they missed, small victory... Any pawn shops in your area?

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Time to buy a safe.

As for insurance, call your agent. Most homeowners policies have a low limit on firearms coverage. If you have more than the limit, you need to buy extra coverage.

:yesway:

Safe was malfunctioning so I put them in a locking cabinet. They used the axe to open up the cabinet. :rolleyes: Note to self on locking gun cabinets in the future.

I'm an insurance adjuster. I'm good on insurance, ty.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    good luck , make sure you list them on Hotgunz dot com , and keep an eye on hoosier topics , and your local gunshops , meth heads aren't exactly smart , and they might take them to a local FFL to sell or trade them.

Thanks for the hotgunz tip. I have a friend at Midwest so I'm prepping up a list for them and the other shops.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    That is so aggravating... Talk about feeling violated. I hope you had 50k in cash in your mattress that they missed, small victory... Any pawn shops in your area?

They were morons. The guns weren't the most valuable things in my house by far. I'm cruising the pawn shops, keeping an eye out.

hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sorry to hear. Hopefully you can recover some of what you lost. I had a break in a year or so ago, and some guns were taken. It just makes you sick! I recovered mine, thankfully. Like said above, my insurance limit did not go very high (a couple grand or so.) Additional coverage could be necessary. NRA members have insurance for up to either $1,500 or $2,500 for lost or stolen firearms, I don't remember off hand. Somebody will know.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Had some wheels stolen off of a Camaro I was building some time ago. As you are aware of who did your theft we knew who got my wheels and we went over and retrieved them with very little fanfare and zero LEO involvement. Did the same thing when my scooter was taken a few years ago. Not hard to figure these things out. These days one must be more careful doing such things but we are hands on people.
    There is not much lower than a thief other than a child molester and often they are one and the same. Luck to you in getting this set right.

My Ins. agent is a gun guy and a prep. partner so I am well covered. Many do not think of the extra coverage needed for this. Part of prepping.

Top Bottom