my fear of Obama Tax's long term effect on our lives.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I'm true believer that if the government has your health in its hands, then it has your life.

with the implementation of Obama Tax, (yes it's a Tax, defined by the SCOTUS, it's never about Care) sooner rather than later there will be single payer system for most of the people in this country.

one of my biggest fears is someday, I would get a letter by some random person sitting in the IRS office, saying your guns (or religious beliefs, or political affiliations) had bad influence on your children, you have to give it up otherwise it's gonna take few months of evaluation to determent if the treatment your daughter required(right now) could be carried out.

Please tell me I'm wrong.

Bogan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    I'm true believer that if the government has your health in its hands, then it has your life.

How does Obamacare get the government to take your health in its hands? You have a complete misunderstanding of ACA.

with the implementation of Obama Tax, (yes it's a Tax, defined by the SCOTUS, it's never about Care) sooner rather than later there will be single payer system for most of the people in this country.

One of the best things to happen in this country, if it ever comes to that.

one of my biggest fears is someday, I would get a letter by some random person sitting in the IRS office, saying your guns (or religious beliefs, or political affiliations) had bad influence on your children, you have to give it up otherwise it's gonna take few months of evaluation to determent if the treatment your daughter required(right now) could be carried out.

You're wrong. Research the law for yourself and discount everything that the NRA, Faux News, Rush Limbot, and every other wingnut tells you.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    You have a complete misunderstanding of ACA.

You have a complete misunderstanding of the nature of 'government'.

The ACA is just one more step in the direction of tyranny. You're right, it may not single-handedly lead us to what the OP is afraid of. But it has placed the government even more firmly in the business of controlling our health care. Its interference will impact every aspect of the medical industry. As more regulations continue to destroy the industry, we will be presented with even more regulations in order to fix the problems caused by prior regulations. And we will accept them, because both parties involved ultimately count on government interference to solve problems.

So I think the OP is right. We have moved one more step towards his fear, even if the ACA isn't the only piece of legislation responsible for taking us there.

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    Anytime a bureaucrat has a direct say over your healthcare it is not a positive step in the direction of freedom and self determination.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood

As a father of two daughters (10 and 6), I can certainly empathize with your concerns. It really boils down to our greatest concern as fathers, the well being and future of our children. I would just like to encourage you that no one can predict the future. Understand the issues of our time and get involved in any way you can to bring about the change you desire, more freedom for you and your children via less government.

How does Obamacare get the government to take your health in its hands? You have a complete misunderstanding of ACA.

One of the best things to happen in this country, if it ever comes to that.

You're wrong. Research the law for yourself and discount everything that the NRA, Faux News, Rush Limbot, and every other wingnut tells you.

Barack Obogan, please back away from the kool aid before you hurt yourself. Please point to where a single payer system has created better healthcare. I can't remember, is it that American's go to Canada for the amazing "free" healthcare up north or is it that Canadians fly south to the US to pay for treatment? Oh yeah, it's the Canadians coming here.....and the Brits

FTR, I am not a member of the NRA, I don't regularly watch Faux News or listen to Rush Limbaugh. I prefer freedom and the free market to the Right/Left paradox of the best way to manage cattle.

M1 carbine dad

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    Danville
    Yeah, those pesky Limeys are all about comin' here to Indy and stealing our Cardiologists away because it takes 18 months to get a heart cath or an MRI. Patient's sitting in wards (about 10-20 per room) instead of having a private room or only one other person with them.

Bogan, I appreciate your desire to try and tell us that the ACA is all unicorns and rainbows but I think you're going to have a really uphill battle here.
    My impression (first impression at least) is that you are someone either directly in need or taking care of someone who is in need of healthcare that cannot afford it. I may be wrong and I sincerely hope I am.

However, that does not give anyone the right to take the fruits of my labor by force (and yes sir, the IRS is force). Contrary to what the SCOTUS says, ACA is Un-Constitutional. Just because the Administration was able to take a Justice who wanted to be one of the cool kids and get him to flip his opinion, doesn't make it right, legal or Constitutional.

Who knows? Maybe you're right. If so, I would hope that my fellow INGO'ers would eat crow and admit they were wrong. I know I'd be one of the first 100 in line. (I don't get on here very often). But, I don't think I'll have to. My heart tells me you are wrong. My instincts tell me you're wrong. Oh, and my math tells me you are dead wrong.

Wanna know the other thing that tells me you're wrong? The Federal Governments history of turning absolutely everything it touches into absolute crap. This thing will be full of grift, back-door deals, and shadiness that'll make the south side of Chicago look like Sesame Street.

Just one man's opinion, just like yours is one man's opinion ( unless you're a girl, then it's one girl's opinion). Sadly, I think history is on our side here and while I'd love to have the utopian health care for all, there is no possible way that a nation of over 300 million people can pay for it. Especially one with 17 trillion in debt (unless you count unfunded liabilities, then it's over 100 trillion).
    Even at 17 trillion, do you have any idea how big that number is? If you were able to freeze the debt right.................................................NOW. No more interest, no more borrowing and were able to pay off the debt at a dollar a second, do you know how long it would take you to pay it off?? Over 500,000 years ! Heck, even at $5 / sec you're looking at 100,000 years!

But, what do I know, I just passed middle school math.

Peace, please.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    when I was 32, my roommate(9 months younger than I) died of intestinal cancer. he spent the last 3 months of his life in home care with a plastic bag hanging from an opening in his belly. during that time, I've got some new prospective on what people would do just be alive, also some first hand observations of what parents would give up for their child.

there's one thing he taught me I could never forget: there are very few things matter to you if you can't breath.

when the government becomes the only health insurance provider, then it has your life in its hands, specially when the IRS is running the show. they don't need to take away your 2nd Amendment rights if you give up your guns in exchange of rapid treatment. they don't need to take away your religious belief when the insurance admin is your only God. they can tax you whatever they want if your only path to survive is through the IRS.

we are here not because we like fishing or race cars, we love our guns. now when the ATF gets the medical record of your whole life. they could deny your firearm purchase just because you have been prescribed couple dose of Prozac 25 years ago.

I didn't say these above are facts, I hope I'm wrong, but they are likely to become reality.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

One of the best things to happen in this country, if it ever comes to that

Please tell me you meant to post this in purple as sarcasm.

I already got my packet in the mail. Has anyone noticed they keep posting the estimates for 27 year olds? Take a look at the charts when you hit 60.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I can tell you personally that the effects of the ACA is already being felt. This is some what minor but it illustrates what this act will do. I am just shy of 2 weeks post op from a hernia repair. Everything went fine but I had a different Anesthesia experience this time. I unfortunately have had a few surgeries, and each time they had put me out with the IV to start with Versed. This time I got the Mask! And after words I called and asked My Brother in law who is a Nurse Anesthetist is that the cheap way to do it? And he said YES! So now we will get the cheapest affordable health care our tax money can buy! So we should rename it the Cheap Healthcare ACT!

As a little side note being put out that way did not really seem to change the outcome. But I now understand why some people Freak Out when that mask comes at you. It was a surprise to me because I expected what I had always gotten, but it also almost felt like I was committing suicide! You know you really don't pay the Anesthesiologist to put you to sleep...you pay them to wake you UP!

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    As bad as I hate to say it this Obama care jazz will be a breaking point for many, many folks. What does that mean? It is too early in the game to say.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I can tell you personally that the effects of the ACA is already being felt. This is some what minor but it illustrates what this act will do. I am just shy of 2 weeks post op from a hernia repair. Everything went fine but I had a different Anesthesia experience this time. I unfortunately have had a few surgeries, and each time they had put me out with the IV to start with Versed. This time I got the Mask! And after words I called and asked My Brother in law who is a Nurse Anesthetist is that the cheap way to do it? And he said YES! So now we will get the cheapest affordable health care our tax money can buy! So we should rename it the Cheap Healthcare ACT!

As a little side note being put out that way did not really seem to change the outcome. But I now understand why some people Freak Out when that mask comes at you. It was a surprise to me because I expected what I had always gotten, but it also almost felt like I was committing suicide! You know you really don't pay the Anesthesiologist to put you to sleep...you pay them to wake you UP!

We put people to death with a needle in the arm...

If you've had a bad experience before with the stuff, the mask is infinitely preferable. I never knew it was the cheaper option, I figured they didn't do it much anymore because it was too expensive.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013

so, you seem to know quite bit about it, please school me and others about the Affordable part of the Affordable Care Act.

I've heard most of the people who wrote it didn't even read it. neither those who voted for it.

by the way, I have not renewed my NRA membership since 2007.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    The increased control is ever so incremental,it is easy for the sheep to dream of greener pastures...I feel indebted to the politicians who have tried to derail this terrible intrusion into our privacy and liberty.I STILL believe Roberts was constrained in some violent manner to vote the way he did.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    buckstopshere;4491607 I can't remember said:
    I saw a thing not too long ago on TV where Americans are more and more frequently traveling to other countries for surgeries. Does that then mean that those countries have an overall better healthcare system than the US?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    This is part of a multi-faceted attack. Obamacare will open the doors to almost unlimited intrusion into our lives. The 2nd amendment is under attack, the 4th exists only in name thanks to the NSA and others. Christians are being slowly rooted out of the military. The government can tell almost any lie (did you see the one today where the Energy secretary was touting the success of the Solyndra loan program? No kidding) and their propapganda machine i.e. CBS, ABC, NBC, CNN et al, going into overdrive selling it to the masses. The kids are being taught that the Founding Fathers were terrorists. You just can't make this stuff up...

Top Bottom