• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tankerdave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    N E Indiana
    Very excited, got my 1st CZ, a CZ 75 compact. Hopefully will get to the range next Friday to try it out. Have a couple questions from the experts here on the forum. The magazine base plates are the thin metal style, are there any different style for these, the metal rub on my pinky finger, 1 that is shorter or more rounded and thicker would work better I think. I would like to change the sighs eventually, I like the TFX tritium fiber optic on my shield and thought about these. This will be a carry gun eventually, is there anything anyone has had issues with? Thanks in advance for everyone's help and info.

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    Congrats! My dad has the same one. It's a fantastic gun! As to your questions, I cannot comment on the sights. As far as magazines, I have only ever seen the flat metal base plates. However, I was able to meet a few INGOers and shoot a bunch of different CZs. A couple of the guys had the same problem. They ground the base plate back a bit, so it was entirely under the grip. This would help make it so that it didn't rub. There's quite the CZ fan club here on INGO. I'm sure some of the more knowledgeable will give you some more insight soon. Have you checked out the CZ thread in this subforum? https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ness-xiii-lucky-13-we-could-all-use-some.html

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Congrats! My dad has the same one. It's a fantastic gun! As to your questions, I cannot comment on the sights. As far as magazines, I have only ever seen the flat metal base plates. However, I was able to meet a few INGOers and shoot a bunch of different CZs. A couple of the guys had the same problem. They ground the base plate back a bit, so it was entirely under the grip. This would help make it so that it didn't rub. There's quite the CZ fan club here on INGO. I'm sure some of the more knowledgeable will give you some more insight soon. Have you checked out the CZ thread in this subforum? https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ness-xiii-lucky-13-we-could-all-use-some.html

:shady:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Very excited, got my 1st CZ, a CZ 75 compact. Hopefully will get to the range next Friday to try it out. Have a couple questions from the experts here on the forum. The magazine base plates are the thin metal style, are there any different style for these, the metal rub on my pinky finger, 1 that is shorter or more rounded and thicker would work better I think. I would like to change the sighs eventually, I like the TFX tritium fiber optic on my shield and thought about these. This will be a carry gun eventually, is there anything anyone has had issues with? Thanks in advance for everyone's help and info.

Congrats and welcome :koolaid:

Tankerdave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    N E Indiana
    I know I don't post a lot but I am on this forum at least twice a day, probably more and the help from everyone is fantastic and the combined knowledge is unbelievable. Thanks to all who responded, and I think Greg Cote has the perfect rubber base plate for me. I am sure I will like this gun and hopefully add to the collection in time.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I know I don't post a lot but I am on this forum at least twice a day, probably more and the help from everyone is fantastic and the combined knowledge is unbelievable. Thanks to all who responded, and I think Greg Cote has the perfect rubber base plate for me. I am sure I will like this gun and hopefully add to the collection in time.

Greg Cote also has the best prices on magazines. Go with the Mecgar for CZ. They actually make the CZ mags so you are buying the same mags from the same producer for less money.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Excellent choice! My son has the 75 Compact, and with just a little Cajun love in the ultra-lite kit, an already fantastic gun is an even sweeter runner. I'm currently waiting for today's delivery of another CGW ultra-lite kit for my PCR, which is torn apart on the bench awaiting the transplant operation.

Another vote here for Mec Gar mags. I've run them in all my CZs, and they're as good as the originals as far as I'm concerned. Looks like others have already given you the appropriate links. Midway often has the Mec Gar mags at a good price, which is where I got mine when I catch a sale here and there.

I think you'll thoroughly enjoy the compact. Really good decision, I can't imagine you won't be overjoyed when you get to give it a workout.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom