• Status
    Not open for further replies.

insidethebunker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2009
    North of Louisville
    Area 4 here. Let me know of any activities. I'm in New Albany and I'd like to buy 5 to 10 acres west of here.

Yes the Rawles book, Patriots is a must read.

Also I just finished "One Second After" last week and it brought tears to my eyes many times, some for the heroism and some for the losses they experienced. I feel One Second After is a lot more real for us common folk that don't have a BOL in a secret location.

Also I'm attending my first Appleseed training the last weekend in Oct (2009). Should be an experience.

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Area 4 here. Let me know of any activities. I'm in New Albany and I'd like to buy 5 to 10 acres west of here.

Yes the Rawles book, Patriots is a must read.

Also I just finished "One Second After" last week and it brought tears to my eyes many times, some for the heroism and some for the losses they experienced. I feel One Second After is a lot more real for us common folk that don't have a BOL in a secret location.
    Just got Rawles' newest book, "The End of the World as We Know It", more of a how to book, kinda runs you thru how to get prepped, with resource lists and perspectives. Seems good so far, but not necessarily new stuff...

WoG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Plainfield
    Hey Region Rats - I'm new to the forum but you can count me in. I just finished reading "Patriots" by J. Rawles. I highly recommend this book as it will light a fire under your butt to start getting prepared. The signs are out there - "if you can read". I'm in Portage and always open to getting together for some lead slingin down at JP.

Reading it as I'm typing right now. Awesome book, except it would take many thousands of dollars to do what they did to prepare. The guns and ammo alone would be well over 5 figures - not to mention the car supplies, food, solar power, well backup, fuel, and fuel storage, combat gear, clothing, tools, and on and on.

Lots of ideas and strategy there though- been a great book so far.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I am in Area 2 (Sheridan) and am just starting down the road to a "well-prepped existence". The wife is grudgingly supportive, and will be more gung-ho as we go along.:rockwoot:

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Yeah, except one that gets together for CPR training, or a class on canning, or to do a campout without only bugout bags.

It would be a way to coordinate local food buys and gear buys, or shooting training.

But mostly, it would be a phone tree for helping each other out in rough times between people who are close enough to each other to actually help in times of trouble.

I would be willing to put on a CPR First Aid Class. For our group (and others for that matter. Zone 2 Hancock Co. :yesway:

kycrawler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    I am in zone 2 montgomery county , can teach basic and advanced rifle marksmanship , sniper and countersniper tactics , home butchering , canning and preserving ,

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    When I get back home I can be found in central zone 4. I would be interested in meeting some of the others in this territory once I get settled in.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom