Oct 5, 2008
    Last edited:

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    I think he means that the bad press that recently played about the post Katrina self protection groups "actually being a bunch of armed anarchist racists who murdered innocent Americans", etc. I.E. the article that was trying to create a new myth to counter the powerful Katrina self sufficiency myth (I feel comfortable with which is true and which is historical re-write).

There is also the classic support group = miliita and militia = sedition/racism kind of thing that is out there.

This is a concern with those who look at the MSG's at face value. This is also why I hope everyone is smart, above board, and clean about all that they do under this banner. We are prepping for ourselves, but need to get others to help and prep as well.

In any event, I am happy to talk with anyone on this and would even talk to media given the chance. Not only because we want to get as many people as possible involved, but also because I believe in the project as described - there is no reason or call to do anything borderline in the least.

I hadn't seen these articles you're referring to. Any links?

not that I don't believe you, I'd just like to see the articles. I posted a link to the article from the Canadian Free Press about the Obama "support" website, but the more I read the posts there, I was dubious of the veracity of the site. It's almost TOO over-the-top to not be a satire site. I know people from the ar15.com site have been posting there, but they aren't running it.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I hadn't seen these articles you're referring to. Any links?

Katrina's Hidden Race War

toc.jpg

Was covered in another thread here.

Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for posting that article Techres, it was an eye opener.

I cant believe there are actually media outlets like that who would go that far to distort the facts in order to demonize a group of law abiding people who did nothing more than defend their own homes from the thousands of criminals who in the aftermath of a natural disaster went on a free-for-all crime spree.

Absolutely sickning.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Thanks for posting that article Techres, it was an eye opener.

I cant believe there are actually media outlets like that who would go that far to distort the facts in order to demonize a group of law abiding people who did nothing more than defend their own homes from the thousands of criminals who in the aftermath of a natural disaster went on a free-for-all crime spree.

Absolutely sickning.

Yeah, it was important enough to remove the powerful myth of the self sufficient gun owners who provided order in the midst of chaos. So, it took years, but a way to counter that myth was found.

At the same time, it is important to keep this kind of thing in mind in how each of us moves, acts, organizes, whatever. The eyes are looking.

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    Quite the article. I have read other articles on the Algiers Point, even a fairly long one on the self-employed carpenter who stayed behind to defend the neighborhood and was car-jacked. I do not remember any mention of "hunting trips" outside of their barricades, nor of multiple killings by the group. Of course, this article was laced with hyperbole, and any LEO can tell you eyewitness testimony is nearly worthless, especially after some time has passed. As usual, the truth is somewhere in between the writer's version, the one I read (Parade mag, maybe?), and the respondents to the article (notice the ones who live in Algiers Point, to a person, call the article over-the top and full of inaccuracies?). I also noticed that the residents of Algiers Point that responded to the article pointed out that the neighborhood was well mixed (one even gave US Census data on the neighborhood) and I seem to remember in the article I read there was a neighbor or two who were black and were part of the neighborhood watch group.

That said, there was an almost complete collapse of civil society in New Orleans. The fear of the dark unknown, (and maybe the lack of the restraint of civil society) by people used to the structure and relative civility (lawfulness) of a city, is certainly a factor in people behaving bizarrely, like roaming around in small gangs shooting at people.

IF there is a general or partial collapse of society here, I hope that many of us can help keep the peace by providing the cooler heads and leadership to keep the stupidity to a minimum.

Western Kentucky went through something close just recently, and I've read of no shootings there, and I personally know that area of the state is mixed racially. I spent almost three months down there, all the way into Tennessee, and my favorite observation from that time was when my help (who is black) and I pulled up to a small store to buy lunch, and out side the store was two older gentlemen, one white and one black, discussing their tobacco allotments. Best thing was, both were open carrying revolvers in holsters on their belts! My help was amazed by the revolvers in plain sight, not the two guys laughing at something one of them said. :)

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    The author seemed intent to specify this isn't a militia. Would there be repercussions if it was?

The whole deal is that the word militia has been dragged into the mud and confused with supremacists etc. The constitutional militia is as old as the 2nd amendment. We are the militia - everyone who is able bodied - are the unorganized militia. The choice is up to you whether you plan now or not....

Labeling has complications regarding militia groups. Because of this - friends train and plan together in case of a civil emergency. Why call a group a militia? Why not a mutual support group? Its all in the labeling... an assault weapon :laugh: or a semi-automatic rifle. :patriot:

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    I heard that some HAM operators are going under Department of Homeland Security is this true? If it is that would be bad news....:hooked:

Last edited:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I heard that some HAM operators are going under Department of Homeland Security is this true? If it is that would be bad news....

A great question for Lars at the class next weekend. Of course, we will need to frisk him for any wires he might be wearing first...

(where is the tin foil smiley?)

Oh, and bringing HAM into DHS would be very bad. But given that new york wants to regulate them for security reasons, it would not surprise me... And it would need to be squashed...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom