• Status
    Not open for further replies.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    yes I meant customer, but I have seen a few of those "dancers" and techres would probaly be a step up. he probably has less of a beard then half of them.

Last edited:

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    I'm still up for a weekend lunch or meet in Hendricks Co. Or Marion Co, I guess. Anyone have a short agenda of common discussion points for the initial meeting, to keep us all on the same page? We can customize by area later, but shouldn't all the MSG's have basically the same theory?

Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    El Cazador,

Well personally I think the MSG meet ups involve some sort of "emergency preparedness" type training, it doesn't have to be fancy or even real technical just sort of a theme of sorts like .. emergency radios or something.

For instance those who have them would all bring in our emergency radios so that we could all compare, take notes, etc and for those without an emergency radio it'd be a really great introduction and they'd walk away from the meetup knowing exactly what they want/need in an emergency radio.

We could do that sort of themed thing with all sorts of equipment like backpacks, hydration systems, cookware, stoves, knives, saws, parka's etc along with maybe some basic courses if folks want to volunteer to teach basic first aid &/or other "how to's" like how to make a solar still or how to make fire by primative methods or stuff like that.

Anyway there is my .02

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Mutual Support Groups (MSG's): A Local Idea Ok, I have been mulling this idea over and given the current concerns about the economy, etc., I thought it would be good to roll out here and for consideration:

INGO Area Mutual Support Groups

Purpose: To facilitate and promote skills, materials and communications between individuals in a local area with the intent of a mutual response to a short or long term crisis.

Organization: None beyond a phone list and a commitment to helping others and accepting other's help as needs be. No central leadership, no uniforms, no ranks, this is not a militia.

Meetings: Gather once a month for a dinner and planning/training session. Individuals take turns to lead a session in an area of their experience/expertise or simply in something they have researched (if no-one has other training). Organizing to go as a group to CPR classes or other professional training would even be better.

Activities: Camping trips, hikes, trips to the range, and so forth. Members who have can help those who do not. Better yet, trips to bulk food stores to stock up on supplies or other suppliers of emergency materials.

Intent: To make sure that people in the same area are as possible, and to continually increase that preparedness. Additionally, to have contact capabilities between area members so that when the power lines go down and INGO goes dead, we are not a bunch of individuals sitting alone in the dark. For those who would bug out, let's work together to make that a better possibility. For those who would have to bug in, let us make sure we can coordinate efforts to mutual support possible.

To be clear, this is not militia training in the sense of small and large unit military training. This is neighbors banding together to help make our community ready if a disaster were to happen. Furthermore, this should all be fun!

As a way to move forward with this, anyone in Monroe County or a surrounding county who is interested, PM me. I think the best way to do this is to find out who is interested and start with a picnic and a few trips to the range (I can only take one person at a time - yes this means you Nate).

Let me know!
    Techres

P.S. Yes, I went with MSG because I likes my msg...
    icon_lol.gif

12/31/08 UPDATE:

Since people have shown interest in MSG's it would make sense to have some structure to help things along. How about we break the map up into 4 areas (or more as the case needs)? Lets try this to begin with, unless someone has something better:

msgareas.jpg

I know that Silentwarrior has go the ball rolling up his way (Area 2). There is a core already started down here in Bloomington in Area 3 and we hope to do some get together's before long. Area 1 and 4, who knows?

If you are interested, post your username and area and what you can teach/do and lets start up some groupings!

01/07/09 UPDATE:

A brief listing of people interested by Area & County:

Area 1 (Coordinators ?):

Mr.Hoppes, Elkhart
    Bob Wyre, Allen
    turnandshoot4, Jasper
    TomN, Saint Joseph
    Jeremiah, Noble
    Sgt 1371, Laporte
    Cwood, Marshall
    Warwagon, Clark
    C.H.U.D., Elkhart Co
    cmax01, Elkhart
    GhostofWinter, Lake Station
    porkpie, Noble
    Gritch, Porter County
    mikea46996, Pulaski Co.
    CulpeperMM, Ft. Wayne
    Sailor, unknown

Area 2 (Coordinators - SilentWarrior1?):

DRob, Marion
    jrb466, Marion
    Flintlock, Marion
    gage, Marion
    SilentWarrior1, Hendricks
    Disposable Heart, Hendricks
    SavageEagle, Hendricks
    AllenM, Hendricks
    IndyBeerman, Hendricks
    Electronrider, Tippecanoe
    USMC_0311, Madison
    zimzum, Madison
    Royal-1, Hamilton
    mconley, Morgan
    Jay, Grant
    longbow, (family in Noblesvile)
    infidel, Montgomery
    RTDoug, Madison, Delaware, Henry county
    El Cazador, Hendricks
    pierce195, Henry
    schwaky18, delaware/marion
    swatdoc, Franklin?
    ATF Consumer, Marion

Area 3 (Coordinators - Techres?):

techres, Monroe
    bwframe, Monroe
    NateIU10, Monroe
    SoundslikeJosh, Monroe
    Stevenlong8, Monroe
    tyler34, Monroe
    Panama, Monroe
    Dr Falken, Monroe
    stormryder, Ripley
    longbow, Brown
    mconley, Morgan
    csaws, Morgan
    KDUBCR250, Morgan
    mconley, Morgan
    smokingman, Johnson
    Chefcook, Unknown
    right winger, Sullivan
    4sarge, Sullivan
    Gump, Monroe
    Anne Oakley, Greene
    Bull, Jennings
    INRanger, Martin

Area 4 (Coordinators ?):

INRanger, Martin
    gun_nut, Gibson Co.

None...

:+1::+1::+1: Now thats what im taking about :rockwoot: :yesway: :patriot:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    El Cazador,

Well personally I think the MSG meet ups involve some sort of "emergency preparedness" type training, it doesn't have to be fancy or even real technical just sort of a theme of sorts like .. emergency radios or something.

For instance those who have them would all bring in our emergency radios so that we could all compare, take notes, etc and for those without an emergency radio it'd be a really great introduction and they'd walk away from the meetup knowing exactly what they want/need in an emergency radio.

We could do that sort of themed thing with all sorts of equipment like backpacks, hydration systems, cookware, stoves, knives, saws, parka's etc along with maybe some basic courses if folks want to volunteer to teach basic first aid &/or other "how to's" like how to make a solar still or how to make fire by primative methods or stuff like that.

Anyway there is my .02

You are 100% right on the money!

Personally, I really want to make the following things happen this year in my area (3C - Bloomingtonish):

1. Camping trip - a bug out bag camping trip!
    2. Three classes minimum - long term food storage on the cheap, commo, first aid.
    3. Meet & Shoot - at least one gathering where we make guns go BANG!
    4. Letter writing - we are actively tying to get a reoccurring time and place for members to gather and hand write letters to state, local, and federal level legislators in order to change things for the better
    5. Get a phone tree started and do one test of it.

Those are my big 5 for the year. As of now, we are close to one of the classes happening and will be announced as soon as it is finalized.

As for other areas, this is a 100% home grown, grass roots, you want it/make it happen idea. Get it going!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    well you know I'm ready and willing to help you make things happen. we need to eat and greet this week!

If we don't eat tonight, I can't be there til next week. Friday is a no go for Josh.

Get back to me if we can work out the details. Maybe me, you, bwframe, and the young-and-sexy-Techres. Holla back!

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I'm waiting to see if techres will make it, that will kind of determine the timing as far as where I'm open to ideas.

edit: I have a big smoker out back but need at least a days warning for me to whip something up that I would even consider putting my name on.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I'm waiting to see if techres will make it, that will kind of determine the timing as far as where I'm open to ideas.

edit: I have a big smoker out back but need at least a days warning for me to whip something up that I would even consider putting my name on.

I have a meeting tonight at 9:30 already tonight on MSG business. I could meet AFTER that, or we can do early next week. Don't let me stop a get together, but I would like to be in on planning whenever possible.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    i'm down for tonight. calling all monroe co., we are eating tonight!

You guys could get started without me and I could drop by late. I don't want to stop a BBQ just cause I am tied up!

Bacon waits for no man... :rockwoot:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I think he means that the bad press that recently played about the post Katrina self protection groups "actually being a bunch of armed anarchist racists who murdered innocent Americans", etc. I.E. the article that was trying to create a new myth to counter the powerful Katrina self sufficiency myth (I feel comfortable with which is true and which is historical re-write).

There is also the classic support group = miliita and militia = sedition/racism kind of thing that is out there.

This is a concern with those who look at the MSG's at face value. This is also why I hope everyone is smart, above board, and clean about all that they do under this banner. We are prepping for ourselves, but need to get others to help and prep as well.

In any event, I am happy to talk with anyone on this and would even talk to media given the chance. Not only because we want to get as many people as possible involved, but also because I believe in the project as described - there is no reason or call to do anything borderline in the least.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom