• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PaulKersey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 16, 2012
    Evansville
    I have an Indiana LTCH (the standard one, not the lifetime license) and would like to have a small, concealable pistol on my person, while simultaneously keeping a full-size semiauto and multiple mags in the glove compartment. I know all of the arguments against having guns in cars, but I prefer it. I am fairly new to the state and am in learning mode when it comes to the laws here. With my LTCH, may I legally have 2 or more firearms in a vehicle? Thanks.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    There are no restrictions on the number of handguns you can "carry" in IC. Several INGO members carry more than one on their person.

So, yes, you can have a "car gun" and a "carry gun" with you LTCH.

.38 Special

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    Perfectly legal.

One thing to keep in mind about vehicle guns, if any driver in your family doesn't have an LTCH and they get pulled over in your car while there's no one with a LTCH, they are screwed.
    +1

wolfts01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    New Haven
    Welcome to the forums, and I love your username.

You can carry so many guns you clank when you walk if you want.

One thing to keep in mind about vehicle guns, if any driver in your family doesn't have an LTCH and they get pulled over in your car while there's no one with a LTCH, they are screwed.

Pretty much sums it up.

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Other posters have made it perfectly clear that you are able to carry multiple guns. When I was 24, I got pulled over on my way back from the shooting range. I had 5 or six guns on me. I informed the officer that I was carrying (which I was not required to do since he didn't ask). With a big smile, I told him that I had the weapons, three of which were in my range bag. He smiled and firmly said, "Well, leave 'em where they're at." I got away with a written warning.

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    You can carry so many guns you clank when you walk if you want.

Only if the person is suspected of doing something illegal and a search of the vehicle is conducted. Otherwise nobody would know there was a firearm in the vehicle. :twocents:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Sounds like a good plan, just stay clear of the "peoples republic" next door....to the west

Why? As long as the gun is not loaded the laws in Illinois are VERY SIMPLE to comply with, guns can be carried in cars in Illinois without a LTCH, magazine can be loaded, gun and magazine side by side in your car's armrest or glove box.

I cross over into Illinois all the time, transporting a gun in Illinois is LEGAL and SIMPLE.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Why? As long as the gun is not loaded the laws in Illinois are VERY SIMPLE to comply with, guns can be carried in cars in Illinois without a LTCH, magazine can be loaded, gun and magazine side by side in your car's armrest or glove box.

I cross over into Illinois all the time, transporting a gun in Illinois is LEGAL and SIMPLE.
    Without a LTCH you've gotta have an FOID in IL, gun must be cased and in a part of the vehicle not within the drivers reach. I used to do it all the time too but won't go to IL anymore on matters of principal. I refuse to contribute to the economy of that state in any way shape or form. It's sad actually because there are a few companies out there owned by ppl like us and lots of good folks, but until they figure out how to stand up to their masters in chitcago they'll have to do it all without me.

Even here now you don't need a LTCH if the gun is unloaded and cased.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Without a LTCH you've gotta have an FOID in IL, gun must be cased and in a part of the vehicle not within the drivers reach.
    Even here now you don't need a LTCH if the gun is unloaded and cased.

Part of your post is incorrect. It doesn't have to be in part of the vehicle not within drivers reach. It must be encased and unloaded. Per the IL supreme court a latched armrest is okay. Loaded mags are okay. Cago might be different.

In Indiana it must not be readily accessible without a LTCH.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Part of your post is incorrect. It doesn't have to be in part of the vehicle not within drivers reach. It must be encased and unloaded. Per the IL supreme court a latched armrest is okay. Loaded mags are okay. Cago might be different.

In Indiana it must not be readily accessible without a LTCH.
    Yes, chitcago IS different. Most of our guns here on ingo cannot even be possessed there. Sort of like in Cali.

Top Bottom