• What is your arrest history like?

• Total voters

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    I was reading an article at their website this afternoon regarding the Utah & Florida permits and the state reciprocity agreements. The article did an okay job of presenting both sides. But, two things really bothered me about the gun control groups. 1. The Violence Policy Center is very much opposed to any type of handgun ownership. 2. Their issues with people getting permits even if they have been arrested, no matter if they were convicted or not.

First of all, the Violence Policy Center just ticks me off to no end. Fascists. Control every aspect of our lives is what they want. Drives me crazy. I am a danger to no one.

Secondly, yes, I have been arrested before. Ten years ago, I was arrested with some buddies when I was 20 y.o. We were drunk on Halloween and were on a railroad bridge on the Wabash River. Criminal Mischief and Criminal Trespass charges were reduced to Simple Trespass. We entered into a deferral agreement, and it was taken off my record six months later. Never plead guilty to anything.

That being said, I have never been arrested since, and have had no troubles with the law other than speeding tickets and a couple tickets for expired plates. I got my permit from Indiana, no problems.

It really bothers me that they seem unwilling to take into account how I have learned from that experience and lived my life as a law abiding citizen ever since. Someone makes a minor mistake when they are in college and they would prefer it to follow me around my whole life. I have two words for those people, I just can't use them here.

The article is below. There is also a video that talks about guns next to it.

Utah, Florida help non-residents pack guns - Life- msnbc.com

Astrocreep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indy
    Considering how incredibly easy it is to get arrested for darn near anything...
    It's not like we need a reason to reject anything anyone from the VPC says though.

I think that even Felony convictions shouldn't preclude someone of owning a firearm.
    Violent Felonies sure, but seriously, know how many things you can get convicted of a Felony for?

Top Bottom