• Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Who: INGO MSG for Hendricks Cty.
    What: Informal Planning/Organizational/Coordinating Meeting
    When 28 Feb 2009, Time TBD
    Where: TBD
    Why: Informal meet-up, putting faces to names (and screen names :):), gauging interest for different programs and training, scheduling tentative training dates, etc.

In a nutshell: Who's interested? Where would we like to meet? I'm available this weekend and I wanted to get everyone together (and make this a monthly thing, if possible.) to meet everyone and get something set up to where we have a network of people who take turns training in valuable skills.

Post up! Who's comin!?

People Coming
    SilentWarrior1
    IndyBeerman
    rmcrob
    AllenM

Last edited:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I might be able to make it next weekend as far as I can tell right now.
    Would probably need some sort of semi private area so the :sheep:and general public won't think we're trying to plan an over throw! :nailbite:

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I plan on moving these into homes or residences as people are comfortable with the idea. Have like a pot-luck dinner inter-twined with it.

This will be a slow process, mind you. Until then... Public places are needed to be utilized.

If we do get enough people and enough notice, perhaps we can reserve a party room or something. Lemme know.

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    It seems like we could probably find a place with a room somewhere in the county without resorting to Morgan County or Ponderosa. (I don't know about you, but I always get sick after eating there, so I don't do it anymore.)

The Pizza Hut in Plainfield can be divided off; I've seen people having birthday parties on one side of the dining room.

There is a back room at O'Charley's in Avon that can sometimes be more or less reserved.

There is a private dining room at Charbono's in Avon, but I don't know how big. According to the website, Boulder Creek in Avon and Stone Creek in Metropolis also have private dining rooms. Those restaurants are a little more expensive, but the food is real good if you are looking for food.

If you aren't looking for food at all, I think one of the banks in Danville near the hospital has a room that can be booked.

I also just thought of the Conservation Club in Danville. There is a fee to use the clubhouse, but if you split it up it wouldn't be bad. I'm a member there and probably some of the other guys are too.

Just a couple ideas off the top of my head.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I wanted to keep the option of food open so that people who wanted to eat could. I can pretty much eat anywhere, but would like the keep the cost as low as possible.

Maybe the Cracker Barrel off of 267? They can generally seat large groups fairly easily with enough advance notice and we had a good reaction from the one in Bloomington a few months back.

Any Objections?

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    I wanted to keep the option of food open so that people who wanted to eat could. I can pretty much eat anywhere, but would like the keep the cost as low as possible.

Maybe the Cracker Barrel off of 267? They can generally seat large groups fairly easily with enough advance notice and we had a good reaction from the one in Bloomington a few months back.

Any Objections?
    No objections.

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    Nuts. This weekend's out for me. But the Golden Eagle in Danville up by the old Krogers has a couple of separate dining areas. I don't think they charge for reserving them, we've used them for a family lunch meeting a couple of times

Top Bottom