Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Forwarded to me:

<moveon-help@list.moveon.org> -----
    Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2009 10:18:14 -0700
    From: "Kat Barr, MoveOn.org Political Action" <moveon-help@list.moveon.org>
    Reply-To: "Kat Barr, MoveOn.org Political Action" <moveon-help@list.moveon.org>
    Subject: Come to a "Whose Side Are You On?" rally in Indianapolis
    To: Mike Williamson <daggers@iquest.net>

Dear MoveOn member,

With huge votes imminent on the public health insurance option, it's time
    to send Senator Bayh a clear message: if you oppose real health care
    reform with a public option, you're siding with Big Insurance over regular
    Americans.

Next Wednesday, we'll hold a rally in Indianapolis and release a new report
    detailing how much in campaign contributions Sen. Bayh has gotten from Big
    Insurance and HMOs--the very interests spending nearly $5 million a week
    to undermine health care reform.1

We need a big crowd. Can you come to the rally in Indianapolis?

Here's the link to RSVP:

MoveOn.org Political Action

At the rally, we'll release the new report, entitled "Sen. Bayh: Whose Side
    Are You On?". We'll invite local media to attend to make sure our message
    gets out far and wide.

Rallies like these are really fun--and a great way to make a big impact.
    With Congress poised to vote on health care in a few short weeks, we need
    to make clear to our senators that if they oppose health care reform while
    taking hundreds of thousands of dollars in campaign contributions from
    industry sources, they'll pay a political price with their constituents.

The public option is gaining steam. Just yesterday, 30 U.S. Senators sent
    a letter to Majority Leader Harry Reid urging him to include a public
    option in the Senate bill,2 four of five congressional committees have
    included a public option in their legislation, and a strong bloc of
    progressives in the House say they will only support a bill with a public
    option.

But we've still got an uphill fight to win this--Big Insurance is spending
    millions to defeat real reform, and conservative Democrats and Republicans
    are scuttling reform at every turn.

That's why we need to call Sen. Bayh out on Wednesday and ask: whose side are
    you on, anyway?

Can you come to the rally at Sen. Bayh's office? Click here to RSVP:

Thanks for all you do.

--Kat, Eli, Carrie, Justin, and the rest of the team

Sources:

1. "Insurance and HMO Industries Spend Nearly $700,000 Per Day to Kill
    Health Care Reform Measures," Public Campaign Action Fund, September 15,
    http://www.moveon.org/r?r=84720&id=17480-6468549-d8_P6qx&t=12

2. "30 Senators Sign Letter Supporting Public Option," Talking Points
    Memo, October 8, 2009
    30 Senators Sign Letter Supporting Public Option | TPMDC

Want to support our work? We're entirely funded by our 5 million
    members--no corporate contributions, no big checks from CEOs. And our tiny
    staff ensures that small contributions go a long way. Chip in here.

References

Visible links
    . http://www.moveon.org/r?r=84720&id=17480-6468549-d8_P6qx&t=12
    . 30 Senators Sign Letter Supporting Public Option | TPMDC
    . http://political.moveon.org/donate/email.html?id=17480-6468549-d8_P6qx&t=14
    To change your email address or update your contact info, visit:
    MoveOn.org: Democracy in Action.
    To remove yourself (Mike Williamson) from this list, visit:
    MoveOn.org: Democracy in Action

I probably can't get the time off from work. (Why does the Left think that midday/midweek is a good time to hold a protest where you want a lot of people to show up. People have to work. Oh, wait. That's right.)

Still, this might be a good opportunity for anyone with "Don't Tread on Me" or similiar signs to come down and counterprotest, maybe even OC.

Just a thought.

Rollo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    North Central
    "Still, this might be a good opportunity for anyone with "Don't Tread on Me" or similiar signs to come down and counterprotest, maybe even OC."

Yes, that is a fantastic idea. People with don't tread on me signs and carrying guns to a health care demonstration wont be used by anyone to paint us as a bunch of psychotic nut jobs...

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    "Still, this might be a good opportunity for anyone with "Don't Tread on Me" or similiar signs to come down and counterprotest, maybe even OC."

Yes, that is a fantastic idea. People with don't tread on me signs and carrying guns to a health care demonstration wont be used by anyone to paint us as a bunch of psychotic nut jobs...

Aww c'mon already... we are supposed to be afraid and hide in the corner
    instead of expressing our God given rights?

Why do you believe that if we express a hands off approach from the government
    or exercise our first and second amendment rights then we are a bunch of psychotic nut jobs.

Do you think that the SEIU thugs that beat up the health care oppositions members are psychotic nutjobs? how about the one that bit the guys finger off?

Think.

Rollo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    North Central

or exercise our first and second amendment rights then we are a bunch of psychotic nut jobs.

Do you think that the SEIU thugs that beat up the health care oppositions members are psychotic nutjobs? how about the one that bit the guys finger off?

Think.
    "Aww c'mon already... we are supposed to be afraid and hide in the corner
    instead of expressing our God given rights? "

-I didn't say that.

"Why do you believe that if we express a hands off approach from the government
    or exercise our first and second amendment rights then we are a bunch of psychotic nut jobs."

-I said that is how you will be painted, not that I personally think you are.

"Do you think that the SEIU thugs that beat up the health care oppositions members are psychotic nutjobs? how about the one that bit the guys finger off?"

-Yep

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    "Aww c'mon already... we are supposed to be afraid and hide in the corner
    instead of expressing our God given rights? "

-I didn't say that.

"Why do you believe that if we express a hands off approach from the government
    or exercise our first and second amendment rights then we are a bunch of psychotic nut jobs."

-I said that is how you will be painted, not that I personally think you are.

"Do you think that the SEIU thugs that beat up the health care oppositions members are psychotic nutjobs? how about the one that bit the guys finger off?"

-Yep

We've tried the other approach. It hasn't been working. Continuing to do the same thing over and over again expecting a different result was how Albert Einstein defined insanity.

Rollo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    North Central

Think.

We've tried the other approach. It hasn't been working. Continuing to do the same thing over and over again expecting a different result was how Albert Einstein defined insanity.

What exactly hasn't been working?

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    What exactly hasn't been working?

Being "polite" about protest. Conservatives (as opposed to RINOs and Country Club Republicans) have been trying that approach for at least 25 years.

It's like being in a knife fight in a back alley somewhere and trying to play by the Marquis of Queensbury rules.

Rollo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    North Central
    Being "polite" about protest. Conservatives (as opposed to RINOs and Country Club Republicans) have been trying that approach for at least 25 years.

It's like being in a knife fight in a back alley somewhere and trying to play by the Marquis of Queensbury rules.

Ok, go ahead and get organzied and get a group of people to go OC to a healthcare protest. I'll keep an eye on the news and if the media doesn't paint you as a bunch of raving nut jobs then I promise to show up at the next event you organize with 1911 proudly displayed on my hip.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Ok, go ahead and get organzied and get a group of people to go OC to a healthcare protest. I'll keep an eye on the news and if the media doesn't paint you as a bunch of raving nut jobs then I promise to show up at the next event you organize with 1911 proudly displayed on my hip.

What you fail to realize is that it doesn't matter what we do or don't do, we'll be painted as "raving nut jobs." Attempting to avoid that description is a waste of time.

And being afraid of what the opposition thinks is an even bigger waste of time and resources. We've played that game. That's what's behind the Republican run to the left since Newt's ouster with the result that we've got Democrats and Democrat not-that-lite as the main "choices" in Washington.

If people are going to sit home and let the Republic be finally destroyed because they are afraid of what the people doing the destroying may say about them, then it's already too late--the Republic is already dead and all that is left is movement of the putrescent corpse caused by the worms devouring its flesh.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    It's past time to stand up and be heard. PCness has gotten us into this Progressive Nightmare. If you believe in America then stand up and let your voice be heard, join MoveOn or just continue to drink the Progressive Kool Aid

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    Cool. I hope some people get tazered. I love it when protesters are out. They are hilarious. Yes, yes, yes, right to assemble, etc. But, I think they are funny. They chant, they cry, they plead, they scream. They do everything that makes me laugh. I especially love it, when one protester gets arrested, tazered, taken down, or all of the above by the cops, and the other protesters (usually a woman) scream for them to stop. It's so comedic! I know, I know, I am a horrible person. But, it's funny.

The arnarchists are the best. They scream and talk about having no government and how democracy doesn't work. And, they wear all black and masks, etc. and break stuff. And then, when the cops show up and start cracking skulls, they scream about their civil rights, and they can't wait to sue the city. I love it. It's hilarious.

If you have kids, take them downtown and let them watch a protest from a secure position. It's fun for the whole family.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Cool. I hope some people get tazered. I love it when protesters are out. They are hilarious. Yes, yes, yes, right to assemble, etc. But, I think they are funny. They chant, they cry, they plead, they scream. They do everything that makes me laugh. I especially love it, when one protester gets arrested, tazered, taken down, or all of the above by the cops, and the other protesters (usually a woman) scream for them to stop. It's so comedic! I know, I know, I am a horrible person. But, it's funny.

The arnarchists are the best. They scream and talk about having no government and how democracy doesn't work. And, they wear all black and masks, etc. and break stuff. And then, when the cops show up and start cracking skulls, they scream about their civil rights, and they can't wait to sue the city. I love it. It's hilarious.

If you have kids, take them downtown and let them watch a protest from a secure position. It's fun for the whole family.

Yes, and who are the usual suspects getting tazered or gassed?
    Usually the punks without any direction in life looking for a cause.
    Or because it's the cool thing to do.

I have yet to see anyone carrying a gun or a don't tread on me flag getting
    the beat down or acting like a tool. They seem to be the most upstanding protestors going.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I like the protests where normal Americans show up with American flags, and show their numbers against something that will hurt their country. I hope you Indy guys get together and do something. You should be forwarding that information to the Indianapolis Tea Party organization and get them behind you. The hecklers are wanting you to stay on your couches and not do anything about what upsets you.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I like the protests where normal Americans show up with American flags, and show their numbers against something that will hurt their country. I hope you Indy guys get together and do something. You should be forwarding that information to the Indianapolis Tea Party organization and get them behind you. The hecklers are wanting you to stay on your couches and not do anything about what upsets you.

Of course when it is normal people the MSM either ignores it, downplays it or ridicules it.

CombatVet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Bartholomew County
    I don't understand why you guys are against government health care in the first place. You guys that use the VA use government health care all the time. I've yet to have a problem with it. They even pay me mileage for showing up to appointments. I'm seriously starting to think that some people are THAT paranoid. If you health care and always have, then you don't get it. I'm 75% disabled from IED's and other "stuff". My wife can not work because she takes care of me and 2 kids. I have health care from the VA, but my wife and kids don't get any health care and haven't had health care for a long time. So I get to pay 300 dollars today because my daughter has phnemuenia and she doesn't have insurance. Guess what. I can't go work over time to make that money up. I have to pay some bills late and skip eating meat for a few meals. Some of you guys just don't get it. You really don't. You're so paranoid that some illegale immagrant might get some free health care that your taxes payed for. So what? Have some compassion for your fellow man FFS.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I don't understand why you guys are against government health care in the first place. You guys that use the VA use government health care all the time. I've yet to have a problem with it. They even pay me mileage for showing up to appointments. I'm seriously starting to think that some people are THAT paranoid. If you health care and always have, then you don't get it. I'm 75% disabled from IED's and other "stuff". My wife can not work because she takes care of me and 2 kids. I have health care from the VA, but my wife and kids don't get any health care and haven't had health care for a long time. So I get to pay 300 dollars today because my daughter has phnemuenia and she doesn't have insurance. Guess what. I can't go work over time to make that money up. I have to pay some bills late and skip eating meat for a few meals. Some of you guys just don't get it. You really don't. You're so paranoid that some illegale immagrant might get some free health care that your taxes payed for. So what? Have some compassion for your fellow man FFS.

Combatvet, since I am one of the heartless bast... err people, I will give you my thoughts. You fought for me and this country. I have no problem... let me rephrase, I am more than happy to pay for your health care in gratitude for your service. I do NOT want to pay for the health care of other people that have not worked to earn it in one way or another. I do not want to pay for medical care for illegal aliens. I do not want to pay for health care for those people that could have gotten it but didn't want to shell out the bucks the same way the rest of us have done. They were willing to roll the dice and now want me to pay off when they lose.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008

If you have "had no problems with it" then you have been remarkably lucky. That certainly has not been my experience, nor the experience of a great many other people.

The US Government has had responsibility for health care in several areas: Medicare, Medicaid, the VA, Active duty military, and Native Americans on reservation. In every case the care covered, on average, is execrable. Oh, you can find a few people who are happy with the results--enough people are covered that you can find a few examples of anything, but overall? Nope. Not at all.

I've personally dealt with three of those five areas I've listed above. Have all health care be reduced to that level? No thank you.

Then there has been the examples of other countries. I've seen the hospitals in Japan with their "national health care." No thank you. I've had a friends' wife die in Britain's "national health care" who would easily have recovered in the US. No thank you. I've seen doctors in the UK touting SIDS as being caused by maternal neglect--a concept that was 20 years obsolete in the US at the time I was hearing those claims made in all seriousness and being given national attention. No thank you.

And I've seen the amount of new developments coming out of these places with "national health care" compared to those coming out of the US--or rather the lack thereof. No thank you.

And I've seen the attitude of those determined to pass it regardless of what the people in the US, the people they are supposed to represent, want. Bill Maher was at least honest about the attitude when he said Congress should just pass it because people are too stupid to know what's "for their own good." No thank you.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    I get the counter protest idea. But i don't get the Don't Treat on Me flag or OCing stuff.

"Don't Tread on Me" has become something of an ensign for the general objection to the continued expansion of government, continued takeover of larger and larger portions of the economy, and continued government ramming things down our throat whether we want them or not.

As for OC. Well, consider the case of Kenneth Gladney, beat up by four SEIU thugs (okay, two confirmed SEIU members and two fellow travelers) at a healthcare protest in St. Louis. The violence instigated and committed by the Left needs to be opposed. If more people are openly armed perhaps the Leftist thugs will be less likely to start something. It says we're not going to sit here and be victims while they violently suppress opposition.

Top Bottom