• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI
    Any suggestions for an app/website that helps get decent prices on last minute overnight stays? Im old school and dont like apps but when I google map places it gives five or more book with us sites, just looking for some real INGO riders input on what you use when you travel.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Any suggestions for an app/website that helps get decent prices on last minute overnight stays? Im old school and dont like apps but when I google map places it gives five or more book with us sites, just looking for some real INGO riders input on what you use when you travel.
    I've used Booking DOT com to find places. But I try not to "book" a room through the website anymore.

Mostly I try to stay at the locally owned motels/hotels, and I find them on the Booking app, but then I call or contact them directly through their website. A local owner once told me that the APPS take a big chunk of money for commission so now I just use the APP to find the hotels and if it is a local place I contact them directly.

I also found out that my Hilton/Mariott/Etc rewards give me more if I use their company APP directly instead of going thru the various apps like Booking DOT com

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Hotels dot com. There is a feature for “find deals near me” for that night. I look for motel (motor lodge) in smaller towns within walking distance to food and drink. I also check inside for their best deal and only complete booking on app if they can’t beat the price. After 10 nights on the app, you get the average price spent towards a free night.

Or you could do bunk-a-biker. If you’re pretty social that works out great for some.

91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI
    Hotels dot com. There is a feature for “find deals near me” for that night. I look for motel (motor lodge) in smaller towns within walking distance to food and drink. I also check inside for their best deal and only complete booking on app if they can’t beat the price. After 10 nights on the app, you get the average price spent towards a free night.

Or you could do bunk-a-biker. If you’re pretty social that works out great for some.
    Thanks I'll check it out. Always done the old school way of ride up and see what they got...... figure I should get with the times.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    FWIW, the Hotel DOT Com and the Booking DOT Com are nearly identical in that both take away a large chunk of the room payment from the independent hotelier. Both companies also have a similar feature that tells you what is available locally to where you are located at the moment.

The question is do you want to send 15% of your money to a techie in California or do you want to support the main-street family that owns the local hotel/motel?

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Bought a new helmet and trying it out. Icon airflite. Supposed to be quieter and add 10 more horsepower so I’m up to 155ish. Good visibility out of it and headed out tomorrow morning to see how the bugs treat it.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    aNot pissing on the LOUTD PIPES guys but had an interesting experience. Was in my wife's convertible, radio low, top down, about 45 mph. Bike was in front of me, it was loud. Traffic allows me to rapidly pass his. '

He came back up my side and i could NOT here him until he was next to me.

Seriously he was next to me passing me before I could hear him... top down, windows down, radio too low to hear.

Top Bottom