• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Now Saturday 4/23 looks like the better day for riding and I’ve got lots on my plate. I will try go get out for awhile if I can.

I’d like to meet fellow INGO riders (I’m based in Brownsburg). Please reply here if you’re going to be out and about. Rick’s Cafe Boatyard is a cool place to hang out on the deck overlooking Eagle Creek Reservoir, especially around sunset. Lots of dedicated motorcycle parking up front too.
    Hope you had a good turnout. Rain check for me.

I was on a out-of-state round trip to pick up new-to-me bike.

IMG_1175.JPG

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Last week was all over the place temperature-wise,
    I got in x4 rides: The best so far a week.
    25-35 miles usually.
    temps went 52° - 85°.
    Started the week out with heavy leather MC jacket, gloves and ski mask.
    Up to about 17 rides for the year,
    but
    I was out of town for 2.5 weeks, Ha ha!
    I love retirement!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I called the dealer today and they said it hasn't even left Japan yet and probably won't be in until June now, so I went elsewhere.
    Probably won't get my deposit back but I'm impatient like that.
    View attachment 197305
    Probably one of the ugliest bikes I've ever seen.

But I've seen you. So I can tell you that people won't notice your ugly head while you are riding something that looks like that :lmfao:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    The first half of the break in process on the ZH2 is painful lol. They want you to keep it mostly under 4K RPM and variable for the first 250 miles, then more of the same up to 6K for the next 150, then "ride moderately" for the rest. The CB was much less specific, I believe it was just a "don't WOT for the first 600" kinda thing.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Got it up to 250 miles so I can go up to 6k RPM. Much more tolerable limit because I can get up into the 80s at that RPM in 6th gear. At 4000 RPM in 6th it was right at 60 and they suggested to modulate your RPMs so I've been limiting myself to 45-58 and probably pissing people off on 55 mph state roads where everyone goes 65 lol.

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    Got it up to 250 miles so I can go up to 6k RPM. Much more tolerable limit because I can get up into the 80s at that RPM in 6th gear. At 4000 RPM in 6th it was right at 60 and they suggested to modulate your RPMs so I've been limiting myself to 45-58 and probably pissing people off on 55 mph state roads where everyone goes 65 lol.
    Load the engine by accelerating, then unload it by engine braking....Start with gentle surges up and down the rev range and increase the harshness of the cyclers until you get the recommended miles in. The engine braking creates vacuum which helps keep oil on the piston rings while they're seating/mating themselves to the cylinder walls.

Last edited:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Yeah I got the whole modulating thing, it was just rough limiting it to 4000 RPM for 250 miles. Felt like I was on a moped. I live in southern Porter County and the ride down to Indy was a hair over 2 hours on I65, mostly behaving and keeping with the speed of traffic. I didn't time it but it must have taken at least 3.5 hrs to get back with a brief run on 465 and state roads the rest of the way.

Top Bottom