• Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Love to ride my 09 Softail Deluxe.
    50930567_10213898194353916_4944938805871247360_n.jpg

The Deluxe might be Harley's best looking scoot. Unless those tires are new, a lot of work has been done keeping them looking good. I had a 2014 Road King with spokes and white sidewalls. I said, "Never again."

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Nice KTM

Are those TUSK boxes?

The multi-day ride my wife and I have planned is roughly 30 days. Tent for as much as possible, hotel in the more urban areas.

Yup. TUSK boxes and TUSK mounting hardware. They're awesome.....especially for the price.

Dumped the bike off roading. Put a sizeable dent in one of the boxes right near the lid. Lid still sealed tight enough to keep the rain off of my gear and everything held securely until I could beat the dent out with a mallet.

Forgot to latch the lid once and it came off going 70 on the interstate. Only scuffs and scrapes.

I like that the boxes and hardware also double as cages to protect the bike when I drop it off road. So far it's all holding up well. Would recommend.

They are a bit on the wide side of things if you're getting on single track. I found a tree with one up in the UP that way :abused:

The boxes also make good camp chairs and tables to cook on.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Yup. TUSK boxes and TUSK mounting hardware. They're awesome.....especially for the price.

I really like them but I ended up buying a set of Hepco & Becker GOBI boxes for my bike. Got mine on a smoking hot Ebay deal direct from Germany for less than I'd have paid for other brands. The GOBI boxes are 2 wall thermo-molded plastic and take a beating too. It all boiled down to getting a deal and, like I said, I got a hell of a deal.

My wife's bike came with a set of Givi V35 touring style side boxes. They are streamlined design and I'm pretty sure will shatter if she skids the bike down a gravel track but we got them when we got the bike and they seem good so far.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    What kinda bikes ya got for sale Camping Josh ???

It's a 2008 BMW R1200RT. Something like 85k miles on it now. I want to ride it a few more times before I actually list it, though.

When my wife decided that she wanted to go to P.A. school, I knew that this would be the first casualty. But I am keeping the 2007 HD Sportster 1200. I don't tour like I had hoped, so the standard motorcycle gets to stay.

ruger333

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    I can’t wait for good weather. I have about an hour drive each way to work. Makes a dreaded drive into a nice ride

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Got rid of my FJR a year ago, too many cellphones on the road.

Yeah, this was my deal also. Though if I could do a mix of back country roads with some single track/two track trail riding I's consider getting back into it someday. Thinking something like a Honda CRF250.

Top Bottom