• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Soon as I get it back together. winter work didn't go as planned.
    (50% power increase with factory parts... ran when I got it back together but shattered the timing guide, the base of which is mounted in the middle of the engine and I've been procrastinating disassembling the bike in order to split the case)

brchixwing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Nov 13, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Anyone want to do an INGO Group Ride in April to Madison? (since many of us ride Brown County all the time) We can all rally in Indy, then meet others down in Columbus off I65, take SR46 to SR7 into Madison then ride along the river in Kentucky.

For anyone in Indy, my usual route when its nice out: From Indy, usually take 465 down to 37 South to 252 East. Gas up in Morgantown, take 135 South to the Dollar General in Bean Blossom, ride 45 West & take a break at the Helmsburg General Store, continue through to Bloomington to grab food at The Farm. (Nashville gets too busy)

Wondering if anyone rides? I’m on the northside of Indy, and am a newer rider.

Hope to see some of you guys out on the road when the weather gets nicer!

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    Anyone want to do an INGO Group Ride in April to Madison? (since many of us ride Brown County all the time) We can all rally in Indy, then meet others down in Columbus off I65, take SR46 to SR7 into Madison then ride along the river in Kentucky.

For anyone in Indy, my usual route when its nice out: From Indy, usually take 465 down to 37 South to 252 East. Gas up in Morgantown, take 135 South to the Dollar General in Bean Blossom, ride 45 West & take a break at the Helmsburg General Store, continue through to Bloomington to grab food at The Farm. (Nashville gets too busy)

I would be fine with this idea!! Get back from spring break the 5th, pick up my side piece(wife named it) from beech grove and I’m out riding!!

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    u2EuS9T.jpg

Dumped my photo bucket. Picture back up.
    2006 Screamin Eagle Ultra CVO. Chrome chrome chrome. Bigger gears in transmission. Rinehart pipes. Race tuner. Dynos 102 hp at Southside. It's a grenade. Back wheel drove out in front of me a few times until I got used to it. Service manual is over 800 pages. This one will kill your boy so I'm the only driver on this one.

Idling in the driveway will dump half a Pepsi out of the cupholder, so I got the Yeti thermos cup with the screw on lid. That's the 3rd $1000.00 osterage seat. New head gaskets and bolts 2 years ago due to bolts stretching under pressure. New tire last year. And no radiator or Cats. Does good on long trips.

Only future upgrade will be a gear drive cam if the chain drive wears out. Never gonna sell it.

Last edited:

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus

I'd be happy to meet up in Columbus, I live near the Taylorsville exit.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    According to the weatherman this morning it was supposed to reach nearly 60 degrees about 2pm, with dropping temps starting about 3pm and possible rain starting at 5pm.

But morning and mid-day the weather was supposed to be nice. Sun or lightly overcast, but no rain, temps hovering in the mid-50s. Sounded like a good day for a ride.

Hopped on my wife's NC700x and drove (the long way) up to the cigar lounge to hang out with the guys, enjoy a nice cigar, and enjoy the weather since we've had below normal temps and rain. Today is only the 3rd day this year with temps above 50 degrees.

Left the lounge with the sun shining and no change in the weather forecast. Decided to go home (the extra-extra long way) but planned to stop at a local drive-in joint for a burger. Mostly back roads, semi-scenic, just a relaxing ride racking up some miles in the seat. About a mile outside the small town where the drive-in is located I notice water drops on the windshield. WTH it's sunny outside??? Closer I get to the little town the harder the rain is falling. By the time I get to the drive-in hamburger stand its a good hard rain. Its only 1pm ... rain is not supposed to even be close to here at this time!

There is no inside seating, its actually a walk-up only type place with picnic tables so I just drive past heading home. Fortunately home is only about 9 miles away.

This is the first time I've ridden the NC700x in the rain. I've barely ridden it on wet roads. So for this bike, with these tires, I didn't quite know what to expect. Happy to report the tires held traction without any issues. As they are factory tires I was somewhat concerned. Gained a lot of confidence on the bike today.

Not happy about getting wet, but happy the experience with these tires and this bike was so positive. I was wearing blue jeans, a First Gear Kilimanjaro jacket, Dianese waterproof gloves, and waterproof motorcycle boots. I had thought about wearing my motorcycle pants but opted against it. Yup, I'm an idiot.

Pulled into the garage. By the time I got my helmet and glove put away and walked out the door it was sunny again.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Had a nice 2 hour ride this afternoon between taking trash to the dump and rolling the lawn. Bike said it was 76 degrees, sounded right, wore a light long sleeve and was comfortable. Stopped and saw the grandkids, always a treat!!

Don

Top Bottom