• ...and so much more!
  • KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I used to have a stage 1 Fat Bob. You never heard me racking the pipes even tho it sounded good. It makes you look like a new rider. I'm def a seasoned rider since I owned a motorcycle of one sort or another since I was 15. I've rode from San Diego and back. I got some ass time in the seat.
    I know have a KTM decatted. Sounds good also but that doesn't give a rider license to act a fool. I guess being an old grandpa makes me less tolerant of other riders who need to mature a bit.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    HD riders (not all of them) often seem to think they own the road. It seems to be offensive to pass them?!? But damn. Move the heck over when faster traffic is coming up. Doesn’t matter what you ride or drive, slower traffic to the right!

Maybe just me, but I've never had any rider move over to let me by. It's rare to have anyone come up behind me, but I moved over the one time it happened.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Maybe just me, but I've never had any rider move over to let me by. It's rare to have anyone come up behind me, but I moved over the one time it happened.

Yea, its always The Harley guys. lol
    It would be more truthful to say its the bagger, import wheelie guys.
    Wanna have fun? Pass a crowd of motorcycles with riders wearing colors.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Yea, its always The Harley guys. lol
    It would be more truthful to say its the bagger, import wheelie guys.
    Wanna have fun? Pass a crowd of motorcycles with riders wearing colors.

I have never ran onto a big pack. The smaller groups that I've run onto often seem less than seasoned riders. Frequently don't seem to understand staggering and drift from center to fog lines.

I remind myself to watch and learn from others, so I'll hang back and follow for a few miles, staggering appropriately. If I get caught behind a crowd that doesn't look like it will break up, I'll reroute or find a stop to let them go.

I've had as much trouble with weekend car clubs. They don't care to have motorcycles breaking up their bumper to bumper rolling parking lots.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    yup, them too
    Down my way there are "Jeep Runs" almost every weekend. Anywhere from 50 to 200 Jeeps nose to tail with arm and legs hanging out of every window. I have observed them dropping 2 wheels off the pavement on nearly every right hand turn throwing gravel up on the road surface. On left hand turns they seem to cross the double yellow just as much. I could go on but I won't. :wallbash:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I'm not saying act like a squid but.. They don't own the road. **** em, pass em.
    If they don't like it they can bitch and complain, maybe flip you off.
    Or they can try to chase you down, they might not like the outcome of that however.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I'm not saying act like a squid but.. They don't own the road. **** em, pass em.
    If they don't like it they can bitch and complain, maybe flip you off.
    Or they can try to chase you down, they might not like the outcome of that however.
    I miss high sulphur diesel and those wearing tight spandex wearing bicyclists, that ride 3-4 wide where im from, that block the rural roads and laugh at those trying to pass.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    Probably a little too late, but I’m finally getting the Concours titled and tagged today, lol. Gonna ride it down to Lafayette and leave it at the new place this week, and I’m pretty excited about it, haven’t ridden anything since we moved out here from AZ in March! I figure I have maybe a month of cool riding weather left, maybe a hair more. Never lived somewhere where winterizing was needed, so I’ll have to read up on that. But I figure I’ll use the downtime over the winter to try and replace the brake lines and give her a good once over. :)

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Yet, about 80% of Hardly riders do it.

I know it sounds cool but c'mon. There's one particular offender who works the same place I work and used to live in a neighborhood near where I lived. I was behind him on the way into work one morning and this jackass literally had Bad to the Bone on loop so it would definitely be playing as he rode into the work parking lot..... along with repeated throttle chops.
    Bad to the Bone? Really? That's the soundtrack grandma uses when making a video of a toddler in sun glasses on a trike.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

F that. Unless I'm going SLOW I have absolutely no obligation to put myself at risk for a stranger.

If either vehicle was a cage, there would be no expectation.
    And this BS of, "he's forcing me to cross the double yellow to pass". No he's not, and there's no excuse to cross the double yellow in that situation.

Now maybe in a state with lane splitting... I don't know. But hey, you gotta make a video about something to get those sweet likes and subscribers.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    F that. Unless I'm going SLOW I have absolutely no obligation to put myself at risk for a stranger.

If either vehicle was a cage, there would be no expectation.
    And this BS of, "he's forcing me to cross the double yellow to pass". No he's not, and there's no excuse to cross the double yellow in that situation.

Now maybe in a state with lane splitting... I don't know. But hey, you gotta make a video about something to get those sweet likes and subscribers.
    It’s a courtesy not an obligation… and how is moving a little to the right “putting yourself in danger”?

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I've passed them before. What are they gonna do? My bike has 100 horses on them and if I'm in a car I have a significant weight advantage and a gun.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I've passed them before. What are they gonna do? My bike has 100 horses on them and if I'm in a car I have a significant weight advantage and a gun.
    We had a car/ motorcycle flea market at Alexandria's Eagles on Sunday.
    One guy from Muncie rode his new $47,000 dollar 228 hp Ducati Monster, we talked for about an hour or so. What a Beast on two wheels.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I guess you can call me a *****, but unless I can be completely sure of escape, I really try not to rattle other travelers much. I've been caught too many times at lights, gas stations, destination store parking lots, etc. Part of it may just be paranoia? Or is it really situational awareness?

Is that the bike or car with the guy that was flipping me off a dozen miles back? Why would I assume that the pissed off guy's not armed also? Or that he's as level headed as me? Why would I assume that he wouldn't shoot me before I even know I need to defend myself?

Even if I win the resulting "road rage" gunfight, will the court case ruin me financially? Change the rest of my life? :dunno::scratch:

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I guess you can call me a *****, but unless I can be completely sure of escape, I really try not to rattle other travelers much. I've been caught too many times at lights, gas stations, destination store parking lots, etc. Part of it may just be paranoia? Or is it really situational awareness?

Is that the bike or car with the guy that was flipping me off a dozen miles back? Why would I assume that the pissed off guy's not armed also? Or that he's as level headed as me? Why would I assume that he wouldn't shoot me before I even know I need to defend myself?

Even if I win the resulting "road rage" gunfight, will the court case ruin me financially? Change the rest of my life? :dunno::scratch:

However, a helmet cam as in the video above or gopro on your bike could help with some of that. Video evidence is pretty damning.

I need to get one for the 'Vette that has fwd & rear capability. I've had enough close calls with 1d10Ts looking at their cellphones that I may need the video to protect myself. It's bad enough that I have to ride like I'm invisible (for all practical purposes these days, I am).

Top Bottom