• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Thought I'd mention that I got an aluminum forend for my Remington Gatekeeper (pre TAC 14). The added weight dampens recoil significantly! I shot a bunch of slugs and 00 buck with it last week. I make a hand loop for the forend and today attached a Crimson Trace CMR 206 green laser. IMHO, my shorty now is much more useful for home defense, RV, auto or truck and is now pleasant to shoot with any 2 3/4" ammo (I haven't tried 3"). I had buddies shoot it and they all found it easy to control. Here's the forend I added: https://www.ebay.com/p/Trinity-Shot...or-Remington-870-Aluminum-Grip-Kit/1137260669
    lYgXQDY.jpg

qbkJCVP.jpg

Last edited:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    They are in 20 gauge now......I may end up with one....

Mike how did you put a sling or carry strap on your Remington????
    Since I never throw anything away, I had a piece of webbing laying around. I took the picatinny rail off the bottom of the forend, punched a couple of holes in the strap and used the screws with washers to attach it to the new aluminum forend. I burned the ends to keep them from fraying. My original forend was just the roundish plastic one and I have a strap I bought to attach it. Just drilled four holes in the plastic forend. I'm not sure how to attach a forend strap to the TAC-14 with MagPul forend. Are you planning on getting a magazine fed TAC-14?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Are you planning on getting a magazine fed TAC-14?

Not with the box magazine...Just a little 20 gauge...I like the Remington better...I thought it would be a nice addition to put in my weekend "farm" bag for my "tub" gun...My current "Tub" gun is an H&R single shot 20 gauge barrel cut to 18 1/4 barrel and a big green glow front sight...I also took an inch off of the rear stock and reshaped the butt plate.....

I like soaking in the tub during the summer....But the tub is basically in the middle of Hoosier National Forest......I could hang that Remington by the tub and be ready for a stray coyote, meth head, or copperhead coming out from under the house...:)

rimg.php

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Not with the box magazine...Just a little 20 gauge...I like the Remington better...I thought it would be a nice addition to put in my weekend "farm" bag for my "tub" gun...My current "Tub" gun is an H&R single shot 20 gauge barrel cut to 18 1/4 barrel and a big green glow front sight...I also took an inch off of the rear stock and reshaped the butt plate.....

I like soaking in the tub during the summer....But the tub is basically in the middle of Hoosier National Forest......I could hang that Remington by the tub and be ready for a stray coyote, meth head, or copperhead coming out from under the house...:)

rimg.php

You have coyotes, meth heads and copperheads living under your house?? :faint:

Skullglide

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 21, 2014
    Otterbein
    Indiucky, I bought the 20 gauge tac 14. It is easy to shoot. I made a front strap out of an old Jeep grab handle. I just attached with m-lok to the forend. I would post pic, it says to large.

archy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Oaktown/Vincennes ar
    Has anyone affixed a laser to their shorty?

My wifey has a green laser on her too new to see whether she'll keep it on or not, for a couple of reasons.

In her case, she's a charter helicopter pilot, flying in Montana/Wyoming/South Dakota and thereabouts, frequently delivering hunters/fishermen/firefighters to remote areas in bear country- we've had about three bear fatalities in the last years or two out this way. Her usual bear insurance in the past has been a folding stock AK, my Mossberg 500 12 gauge truck gun being a bit too long to be handy in her helo- and at that with an 18-inch barrel and folding stock. She's put around 400 rounds through hers [got it for about $350.00, VERY slightly used, 12 rounds or so, previously owned by a guy who bought it for his wife for home defense without letting her try it first]

She's not real happy with green lasers when the temps drop below zero, but till then, it works for her.

Top Bottom