• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    Around 7:30 this evening, while I was waiting in the drive thru at Taco Bell on 135 in Greenwood, I saw something that I couldn't believe. Driver of a white Bonnevlle, two cars ahead of me, tossed a large McDonalds drink cup out the window into the grass. I thought surely, "I didn't really just see that." Just after I realized my eyes didn't deceive me and opened my door to confront the idiot, the lady in a maroon Explorer, directly in front of me, got out, picked it up and took it to the trash can. She had a few words for the driver, but I had her back if it was necessary!

Later, I was thinking I should have acted sooner. But, then again, maybe it was better for everyone this way because I would have made it a much more personal encounter.

Good job to the young lady in the Explorer!

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    yup an idiot for sure! and kudos to the lady and you as well.
    I hate when people litter,there is no reason for it! hold on to your trash until you get to a place to properly dispose of it.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    There is no question that the guy that threw the cup out the window is an idiot, but you, being a gun owner were really ready to get into a trivial confrontation over someone littering?

Assuming you were carrying a firearm, why even bother?

Assuming you weren't carrying a firearm, why even bother?

Regardless of who started the fight that may have happened after the "encounter," would it really be worth it if the cops showed up?

I don't litter...It is irresponsible and disrespectful to anyone that doesn't want to see trash...But getting into a fight over something so trivial is quite foolish to me.

Rlee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    There is no question that the guy that threw the cup out the window is an idiot, but you, being a gun owner were really ready to get into a trivial confrontation over someone littering?

Regardless of who started the fight that may have happened after the "encounter," would it really be worth it if the cops showed up?

I don't litter...It is irresponsible and disrespectful to anyone that doesn't want to see trash...But getting into a fight over something so trivial is quite foolish to me.

While I do agree with Bazooka Joe, I see the OP point. But I to am a big liter bug. Mostly, I don't even notice that I am doing it till I toss it then I feel bad. We all have our down falls.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I to am a big liter bug. Mostly, I don't even notice that I am doing it till I toss it then I feel bad. We all have our down falls.
    But you're making an Indian cry...
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4ozVMxzNAA]YouTube - The Crying Indian Commercial[/ame]

jtmarine1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Lexington, IN
    Around 7:30 this evening, while I was waiting in the drive thru at Taco Bell on 135 in Greenwood, I saw something that I couldn't believe. Driver of a white Bonnevlle, two cars ahead of me, tossed a large McDonalds drink cup out the window into the grass. I thought surely, "I didn't really just see that." Just after I realized my eyes didn't deceive me and opened my door to confront the idiot, the lady in a maroon Explorer, directly in front of me, got out, picked it up and took it to the trash can. She had a few words for the driver, but I had her back if it was necessary!

Later, I was thinking I should have acted sooner. But, then again, maybe it was better for everyone this way because I would have made it a much more personal encounter.

Good job to the young lady in the Explorer!

I hear you there! I know guys, it is a trivial thing but I have been know to go pick up the peoples trash and toss it right back in their window.:dunno:

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    OMG MY HUBBY LOVES GIANT STYROFOAM CUPS!!! Any time either of us get a fountain drink, we get the biggest styrofoam cup they have so we can re-use em at home. They're great for filling with icewater for a long afternoon working in the garden! Keeps the ice for hours!

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    My husband has a nasty habit of throwing things out of the car window. You'll know if you see us, because I'm usually in the passenger seat beating the crap out of him for it! THINK GREEN FOLKS!

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    OMG MY HUBBY LOVES GIANT STYROFOAM CUPS!!! Any time either of us get a fountain drink, we get the biggest styrofoam cup they have so we can re-use em at home. They're great for filling with icewater for a long afternoon working in the garden! Keeps the ice for hours!
    Heck yeah. We are styrofoam junkies here! Glad I'm not alone! :rockwoot:

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    I hear you there! I know guys, it is a trivial thing but I have been know to go pick up the peoples trash and toss it right back in their window.:dunno:
    This is what I had in mind, along with something like, "Here, I think this belongs to you."

As far as getting into a fight is concerned, I don't think any litterbug's righteous indignation would allow the episode to escalate to that level. I think they would be over whelmed with embarrassment at being called out. But who knows.

That's why I said maybe it was better for all that the young lady in front of me took action before I did.

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer

There's no reason not to speak up in this case, armed or not. The responsible gun owner has a whole lot of force continuum to work with between the Silent-Ninja-in-the-Shadows mode and Special-Operator-Tacticool mode. Certainly "You g*dd**m mofo I'm gonna f*** you up for your littering!" is not the right way to break the ice, but "Pardon me, sir, I use this drive-thru as well and I would prefer it stay clean. Please use the trash can next time." is not something that's going to get you in trouble. If the litterbug wants to make an issue out of it, back off or get a manager if one is close by.

Unless you are OCing. I have absolutely no problem with OC in general, but while you walk away without a second thought the litterbug might be calling the cops and spinning some completely false story about how you came up and pulled your weapon and threatened him at gunpoint. Then it's all he-said, she-said unless you happen to remember the license plates of all those other witnesses in the drive-thru with you.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    a bit a go our neighbors had a yard sale. Some guy stopped at the sale, did his bit, and then as he got back in his car he tossed some scrap paper out of the car. I walked over calmly picked it up and handed it back to him and said, "Excuse, I noticed you dropped this, and I wouldn't want you leave our neighborhood and forget this."
    He was embarrassed and mumbled something like, "Ya, thanks man."
    No crazyness, and hopefully he got the message.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Can't stand people who liter. People throwing cig butts out the window really bother me. Almost nothing looks trashier than pulling up to a light and seeing thousands of cig butts on the ground.

newbomb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    southwest indiana
    I was working on the porch rail at my uncles on a hot summer afternoon when a car came by and unloaded all of its Mcdonalds sacks and cups into his front yard. I walked out to pick it up and I just snapped. It took me a few miles to catch up but I managed to get them stopped and as I approached the car I calmly asked if they had Mcdonalds for lunch. There was a man women and younger girl in the car and they all said yes and asked why. I dumped all the trash I had behind my back in the drivers lap and told them to keep there Sh%# to themselves. They didnt know what to think and I just turned and walked away.:D

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Years ago, I was sitting at a traffic light when the douche in front of me dumped his ashtray in the street. This GIGANTIC guy wearing bib overalls got out of his truck, scooped the cigs with a shovel from the back of his truck and threw them in on the driver of the offending vehicle! I laughed so hard I thought I was going to barf! Everyone started blowing their horns and cheering. This is not something I would do or suggest, but it was funny.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Years ago, I was sitting at a traffic light when the douche in front of me dumped his ashtray in the street. This GIGANTIC guy wearing bib overalls got out of his truck, scooped the cigs with a shovel from the back of his truck and threw them in on the driver of the offending vehicle! I laughed so hard I thought I was going to barf! Everyone started blowing their horns and cheering. This is not something I would do or suggest, but it was funny.

OK, I'm not going to lie, that is effing funny.

Why on earth could that douche bag not wait until he got home to dump them?:dunno:

Top Bottom