• ...and so much more!
  • 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I hope so. I have a great spot on my property. I usualy get 6-8 pounds on a good year. Last year sucked! I think I found 4 mushrooms total :-( Hopefully it will be a bumper crop this year!! Roll them in a little corn starch and salt and pepper. Fry in real butter. Oh, better then steak, or even better with steak! Maybe some fried potatoes too......

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    I hope so. I have a great spot on my property. I usualy get 6-8 pounds on a good year. Last year sucked! I think I found 4 mushrooms total :-( Hopefully it will be a bumper crop this year!! Roll them in a little corn starch and salt and pepper. Fry in real butter. Oh, better then steak, or even better with steak! Maybe some fried potatoes too......

They came on VERY early last year.I have never seen anything like it! I found most of mine before the leaves were on the trees.

Wazimu

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Pictures

How about a picture for the uninitiated? And, a few clues about where to look. Woods in back of my place and I'd like to take a walkabout and look for some.

jb1212

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Stupid question alert!!! Can you go mushroom hunting in the State Parks? Or do the parks get picked over quick?

Greenedog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Stupid question alert!!! Can you go mushroom hunting in the State Parks? Or do the parks get picked over quick?

I find most of mine on public lands, Fish & Wildlife Areas more so than State Parks. Found my first of the year this morning...
    IMG_5149.jpg

The woods was dry....we need that rain!

jb1212

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Nice haul HKindiana. Maybe if they were grouped like that out in the woods I would actually be able to find them :D

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi

STOP THAT! You're making my mouth water!! :D

That's some GOOD EAT'N you're talking about!!

jb1212

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    I bet you could make a killing selling morels there. I see them in a local grocery store sometime during the spring @ $25.00 a pound

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    A guy often sets up in the parking lot just north of Paragon and gets $40/lb out of his.

I found a half dozen small blacks here this morning, after a quick look in a couple of early spots. We could use a little rain.

Top Bottom