• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • darrin5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    This is interesting, you know here a few weeks ago I was going to post about if the shootings had stopped in Chicago or what cause you sure don't hear about it like you did in the past.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    This is interesting, you know here a few weeks ago I was going to post about if the shootings had stopped in Chicago or what cause you sure don't hear about it like you did in the past.

Once something is routine, its no longer "news", unless the media decides it sells. There's no hook.

darrin5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Once something is routine, its no longer "news", unless the media decides it sells. There's no hook.
    I understand that but it does have something to do with those pesky bad firearms seems like it would be a big deal unless this is making someone somewhere look bad. :dunno:

gdunn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    the real question is how much worse it would be without all that gun control. Duh...

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    The news - Sun Times or whatever - would use the opportunity to spin the reason for the violent crime in chicago - loose gun laws in Indiana. Wouldn't have anything to do with criminals walking in Chicago left and right. Prosecution the worst in the nation.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    No but the ease of getting guns in Indiana through private sales surely doesn't help since only criminals would be doing it(according to Illinois). Let's not pretend it does.

I agree with the lack of prosecution though. What a joke.

If they spent even 1/10 of the effort/time/money prosecuting gun crimes as they do those arrested for victimless drug crimes, then they would be off to a good start in curbing the murder problem.

darrin5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    The news - Sun Times or whatever - would use the opportunity to spin the reason for the violent crime in chicago - loose gun laws in Indiana. Wouldn't have anything to do with criminals walking in Chicago left and right. Prosecution the worst in the nation.
    You know I have heard so many times about your loose gun laws in Indiana seems like we ned to get Bloomburg to talk to your Govnenor and tighten them bad boys up a little, I think this would help the shootings deminish quickly in Chicago. :D:D:D Oh and BTW I am just ****ing you guys I really enjoy your forum.

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    The sad part is that the media didn't give this 1/10th of the media coverage sandy hook or aurora got.
    That's because it was not one shooting. 20 people were shot - at different locations, times and by different shooters.
    It's just like wrecks. 20 individual car accidents around the city is no big deal, a single 20 car pile up makes the news.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    The news - Sun Times or whatever - would use the opportunity to spin the reason for the violent crime in chicago - loose gun laws in Indiana...

Chicago gun grab dipsticks ALREADY try and do this. The whackjobs ALSO tried to lay ALL the blame for 'illegal guns used in crimes' on ONE SMALL shop in Riverdale, IL. (south Chicago suburb). Absolutely false. Been in that shop many, many times (that LGS has been there... I dunno, maybe 40+ years?) and the owners are simply good and decent folks.

And the 2.7 million is under-estimated, as on any given week day, thousands and thousands more head to Chicago are for their jobs, deliveries, etc.

Chicago is composed of a LOT of good, friendly, law-abiding citizens overshadowed by a (relatively) small band of gangbangers and thugs and frozen in Democratic party lock-step by scumbag infested "Teapot Dome" and "Tammany Hall" politics.

Daly was a scumbag, so was his p.o.s. old man. Emanuel follows right in line. Oh, and we all KNOW where our current, radical POTUS learned part of HIS political garbage, right? :koolaid:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom