• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    No matter what the gun laws are in Chicago those 20 people would have been shot. Those are all about outlaws shooting other rival outlaws over money, status, drugs, territory, etc. If CC is passed then many muggings, robberies, thefts, home invasions, mob actions, etc will be reduced. These are crimes that go unreported by the media, and are often unreported to the police. The crimes that they don't want the public to know about.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    You guys are all wrong. When their carry bill passes, there will be much more gun violence. Every argument will turn into a shootout, if someone gets cut off in traffic, there will be gunfire, blood will run in the streets. Chicago will transform from a gun-free Utopia to a combat zone overnight.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I just wonder how many crime reports are falsified by the police commissioners, reducing violent felonies to misdemeanors - especially those that never get solved!

I would bet the Dictator er Mayor has given orders to the department heads to do everything possible to make the stats look great - including losing reports and juggling the information to make some murders look like suicides and/or accidents.

dannyc626

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    Evansville
    My brother-in-law is a Chicago lawyer and he always carries a handgun in his briefcase even into the courthouse and the police stations. Its not like he is going to church, more like visiting the ones who never go. I always did feel better knowing he had a concealed carry permit .

jjreihl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Here's a list of the highest murder rates in 2012. Chicago is 82. Why doesn't anyone focus on the Detroit area? Wonder what their gun laws are? Chicago is the third most populated city in the US and ranked 82. As a former resident of Chicago, I never felt unsafe in my neighborhood. You people act like Chicago is a war zone.

82 Chicago, IL
    81 Goldsboro, NC
    80 Rochester, NY
    79 North Miami, FL
    78 Newark, NJ
    77 Minneapolis, MN
    76 Milwaukee, WI
    75 Dayton, OH
    74 San Bernardino, CA
    73 Paterson, NJ
    72 Houston, TX
    71 East Point, GA
    70 Lansing, MI
    69 Orlando, FL
    68 Tulsa, OK
    67 Elizabeth, NJ
    66 Lowell, MA
    65 Fort Myers, FL
    64 St. Petersburg, FL
    63 Sumter, SC
    62 West Hollywood, CA
    61 Richmond, CA
    60 Hot Springs, AR
    59 Norristown, PA
    58 Brockton, MA
    57 Fort Pierce, FL
    56 Nashville, TN
    55 Rocky Mount, NC
    54 Kansas City, MO
    53 Holyoke, MA
    52 Philadelphia, PA
    51 Niagara Falls, NY
    50 Poughkeepsie, NY
    49 New Bedford, MA
    48 Fall River, MA
    47 Cincinnati, OH
    46 Miami, FL
    45 Alexandria, LA
    44 Bridgeton, NJ
    43 Springfield, IL
    42 Lake Worth, FL
    41 Hartford, CT
    40 Washington, DC
    39 Daytona Beach, FL
    38 Springfield, MA
    37 Battle Creek, MI
    36 Compton, CA
    35 Buffalo, NY
    34 Cleveland, OH
    33 Atlanta, GA
    32 Pine Bluff, AR
    31 Trenton, NJ
    30 Stockton, CA
    29 Homestead, FL
    28 Desert Hot Springs, CA
    27 Texarkana, TX
    26 Rockford, IL
    25 Baltimore, MD
    24 Little Rock, AR
    23 New Haven, CT
    22 Salisbury, MD
    21 Harvey, IL
    20 Harrisburg, PA
    19 Memphis, TN
    18 Oakland, CA
    17 Spartanburg, SC
    16 Inkster, MI
    15 Myrtle Beach, SC
    14 Chelsea, MA
    13 Riviera Beach, FL
    12 Newburgh, NY
    11 Pontiac, MI
    10 St. Louis, MO
    9 Atlantic City, NJ
    8 Wilmington, DE
    7 Flint, MI
    6 Detroit, MI
    5 Camden, NJ
    4 Saginaw, MI
    3 West Memphis, AR
    2 Chester, PA
    1 East St. Louis, IL

7urtle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    hammond
    Not innocents of course, but given that most of these kinds of shootings are gang-banger on gang-banger ... fire away ..
    proof? i know or heard about quite a few people who were shot or injured because someone driving a car got shot and ran over people. most of them were gang bangers just a average joe going about they day

7urtle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    hammond
    Here's a list of the highest murder rates in 2012. Chicago is 82. Why doesn't anyone focus on the Detroit area? Wonder what their gun laws are? Chicago is the third most populated city in the US and ranked 82. As a former resident of Chicago, I never felt unsafe in my neighborhood. You people act like Chicago is a war zone.

82 Chicago, IL
    26 Rockford, IL
    21 Harvey, IL
    most ppl count the suburbs as chicago. i actually feel safer downtown than i do on the southside of chicago/suburbs. im suprised hammond,in wasnt on that list

devil07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    East Side Indy
    Also, remember that the rankings are based on UCR (uniform crime reporting) numbers. UCR defines murder as:
    Criminal homicide ―a.) Murder and nonnegligent manslaughter: the willful (nonnegligent) killing of one human being by another. Deaths caused by negligence, attempts to kill, assaults to kill, suicides, and accidental deaths are excluded. The Program classifies justifiable homicides separately and limits the definition to: (1) the killing of a felon by a law enforcement officer in the line of duty; or (2) the killing of a felon, during the commission of a felony, by a private citizen. b.) Manslaughter by negligence: the killing of another person through gross negligence. Traffic fatalities are excluded.
    **link** to FBI's site

The way that is worded and how it's implemented means not all murders are logged as such in UCR. Here's an example with 2 outcomes (both w/ a dead body):
    Person A shoots person B on the street corner.
    1) B gets shot, falls down. Someone calls 911, police and medics arrive. B is still alive as they load him into the ambulance and rush to the hospital. B dies enroute to the hospital/at the hospital.
    2) B gets shot, falls down. No one is around to call 911, or they do, but B dies on scene prior to medics loading him in the ambulance.

In #1 UCR would have it as an Aggravated Assault.
    In #2 UCR would have it as Criminal Homicide (murder).

Simply looking at the murder rate in a given city doesn't accurately indicate its relative violent crime. When UCR stats indicate a major city's murder rate went down, it doesn't mean that actual violent crime has gone down. It may simply be due to the medics and E.R. trauma teams getting that much better at keeping people alive.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Liar liar pants on fire. Can't be true. Propaganda only. There are laws that say you are wrong, wrong pants on wrong. Who are you going to believe, some nut in the news business or Our President?

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    proof? i know or heard about quite a few people who were shot or injured because someone driving a car got shot and ran over people. most of them were gang bangers just a average joe going about they day

Do some research on the criminal records and gang affiliations of those "innocent victims"

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    I would agree to some degree with regard to the UCR statistics. Statistics are what they are and can be interpreted in several different ways.

Several years ago, several of us were investigating a homicide/dumped body (three rounds of ,45 ACP Silvertips in various places therein) and went to Chicago/Des Plaines for further investigation. While there a Cook County IL police officer told me that his brother was a Chicago PD officer and that in that year the homicide rate dropped radically. Why?

"The doctors are getting better pulling bullets out of people without killing them."

That was the reply.

Hizzoner and that poor excuse for a police chief, McCarthy have no clue how to stop crime. One would wonder why. I would submit that the more the violence unchecked, the more personal defense rights to be given up in the name of "public safety." Initial efforts have been weak to call out Emmanuel and McCarthy for their ineptitude. Chicago appears to be more and more to be like ancient Rome.

What, with politicians facing more and more federal indictments, others trying to dodge them, outright criminals being elected, it appears as if Chicago is intentionally wanting to fail.

I say wall it off now, before it is too late.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    "The doctors are getting better pulling bullets out of people without killing them."

That's true nationwide. Better medical care has helped the homicide rate to drop and the aggravated assault/attempt murder rate to rise. Folks that would have died 10 years ago are saved in the ER and OR today.

THarris88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2013
    most ppl count the suburbs as chicago. i actually feel safer downtown than i do on the southside of chicago/suburbs. im suprised hammond,in wasnt on that list

Hammond, Gary, Portage, Etc. Surprised they are not on the list either.:coffee:

Top Bottom