• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Not what I said at all. Do we have any evidence he committed any other crimes? The way Lynch was going on, I would bet he would have mentioned if the kid had ever been picked up for anything else.

Do kids in some of these neighborhoods feel the necessity of being able to defend themselves? I'm sure the police will be there to do so if he needs it.

Nope, I get you. You'd have no concerns at all if he lived next door and went to school with your kids. Maybe have him over for dinner and find out you're not so different after all.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I remember the late 80s and early 90s, when the "broken windows" philosophy was making it's way through cities. Rudy Giuliani was sort of a poster boy for this in NYC, but it was getting results by the 90s. I remember listening to people saying why is crime lower and answering, because more criminals are in jail and not out committing crimes. Scott Adams even ran a comic strip on this as a part of Dilbert in the mid 90s.

Over time cities moved away from that philosophy, maybe they will move back, but as was said earlier, the left has a lot of money now.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I don't disagree, but I also see the world is not that black and white.

Do young black males think they can trust the police? Between the reality of issues there and the BLM nonsense over the past few years, hell no they don't. He already was arrested for having a gun once, and he is confronted while carrying again. He refused to take his hands out of his pockets. Do we think he attacked the officer?

Maybe this kid is a stereotypical rapper with a gun. Maybe he is a kid finding some success that feels the need to protect himself in a world that would prey on that success. Where the truth lies is to be seen. Sadly though, if this kid wasn't already headed down the path of being a criminal, he probably will be now.
    Whatever this "kid" thought, he messed up bigly, and he needs to PAY bigly. The thing he does NOT need is to be on the streets while awaiting trial and sentencing. There are, or are supposed to be consequences for actions. And as far as being able to trust the police? Seriously? If you honestly believe that, there`s not even any point in further discussion, we`ll just know that we will disagree.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    There is a difference between not prosecuting and not locking up.

We have a serious cultural issue going on here. It isn't going to be solved quickly or easily. I sure don't have a solution, but I know that what we have been doing, sending people to criminal college, isn't working.

As for your list, I would have made Madoff work till his dying day, and most every penny would be given to those he stole from.

For the others, there are lots of examples on both sides. Just blindly locking people up is not a solution to the problem. It is a good way to **** away a lot of money though.
    Locking people up stops that one criminal from committing more crimes while locked down. Whose going to monitor all of those convicted criminals you want to let out? Leaving them to their own devices won't work!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    I don't disagree, but I also see the world is not that black and white.

Where the truth lies is to be seen. Sadly though, if this kid wasn't already headed down the path of being a criminal, he probably will be now.
    I think it has already been seen. He elected to continue to violate the law by carrying again. A conscious decision on his part.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

I thought Bridgewater was a "gun free zone".

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Houston is tired of playing runner up to Chicago. They're taking 2022 as a brand new start.
    Then Houston might also want to finish prosecuting the murder squad of cops it had running loose for about 3 decades, and strap them to gurneys as it would any ordinary citizen who engaged in murder for profit while everyone in the department knew it was happening.

wdritcheydc2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2021
    St. Louis
    Respect for the men and women in blue. Hated by the media, harassed by those they protect and serve, blamed for things they didn't do or that one bad officer did, getting shot at, and they work ridiculous hours for mediocre pay. Now BLM wants to defund them. Talk about a morale killer. We ought to all start making care packages or occasionally buy food for our local PD. Make them feel appreciated. This just sucks to see.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Look, BLM has near zero influence in Texas. It is the United States Attorney that wants the Houston Police Department defunded, at least its organized crime members (a large part of HPD is a criminal gang). Houston is ugly, beyond our conception as Yankees, outside Chicago.

The Houston Police Department is an ongoing criminal enterprise and very hard to sell as sympathetic.

Pyro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 18, 2018
    Indy
    Nope, I get you. You'd have no concerns at all if he lived next door and went to school with your kids. Maybe have him over for dinner and find out you're not so different after all.
    Hold up. Concern yes. I’d start by introducing myself. First I’d want him to know the old white guy next door isn’t going to hit the default judgement button .. he gets enough of that.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Hold up. Concern yes. I’d start by introducing myself. First I’d want him to know the old white guy next door isn’t going to hit the default judgement button .. he gets enough of that.

What's old white guy got to do with having a neighbor who illegally carries a gun and fights police, resulting in an officer shot? Trying desperately to make it about race instead of actions and choices?

Top Bottom