• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyLongColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    Morgan County
    Now that's funny.....on another note, I have seen a Ford Taurus around the west side of Indy twice now with a "cli" in front of the Taurus emblem on the right rear.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Taurus CS was getting better when Mark Tresser? was there. I'm not sure now that he's gone now which direction they're headed. They sure can't afford to take a tumble. Having said that, I have been 4 for 4 with my Taurus products but have traded 2 off...only own the PT1911 and the PT111 G2 and LOVE them both. They eat everything and are more accurate than I am. I like that they try new things whether I think they're for me or not.

Customer service? I don't know. Kresser promised to improve their quality control, not customer service. I don't know that he was successful. Anyway, he got canned last year.

sliptap

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I actually think it is pretty cool that they are coming up with some different ideas. I think the spurless revolver could be a good idea if it holds up. I never really liked the curve and think the wings are interesting, but would be nervous about them opening up and snagging in my pocket.

I always thought the View revolver was pretty ugly, but a plausible concept. It is definitely compact and lightweight and 38 sp +P has more oomph than the 380 pocket pistols. I'd consider purchasing it if they made it affordable (the Views were $450+, which I thought was way too much).

IndyLongColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    Morgan County
    Customer service? I don't know. Kresser promised to improve their quality control, not customer service. I don't know that he was successful. Anyway, he got canned last year.

Oops, yah I meant QC not customer service. You're right...and I'm not sure either if he succeeded.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I mean it's only a caliber stamp...no other manufacturers have recsalls?......hello Remingt....cough cough

Remington isn't really company you want to be in, unfortunately. After some of their recent debacles that's like saying your house is in good shape compared to the one down the road that is on fire.

bigbaloo95

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2014
    wolcottville
    Getting back to the curve, I think its a cool idea. I will reserve the right to bash until I shoot one. Notice I said shoot not buy though. New ideas are cool but Taurus has a huge mountain to climb to improve the perception of their products.

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    Colt thought the same when offered the rights to make a gun with a bored through cyl to use a metallic cartridge . Just a fad and black powder and muzzle loading is here to stay.He turned it down in 1854 and then was stuck untill1873
    God you can't make a gun out of plastic . whoops I mean Glock not God
    What print a gun on a printer never happen.
    you might not think it,s a good idea but others might .

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Colt thought the same when offered the rights to make a gun with a bored through cyl to use a metallic cartridge . Just a fad and black powder and muzzle loading is here to stay.He turned it down in 1854 and then was stuck untill1873
    God you can't make a gun out of plastic . whoops I mean Glock not God
    What print a gun on a printer never happen.
    you might not think it,s a good idea but others might .

Yes, some idea catch on. Many, many, many more fail. Often the difference is "does this solve a real problem". It may catch on as a fad for a bit thanks to marketing and uninformed consumers, but this isn't the next metallic cartridge. The trade offs in real usability simply aren't worth whatever problem it purports to solve are.

Top Bottom