• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breas1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Indy
    Ive been reading about the G30sf problems here recently and under stand it has something to do with the trigger bar and a grove in it. I haven't completely taken my gun apart to inspect it. I've been looking for pictures of bad trigger bars but cant find any to compare mine to. If anybody has had any problems with theirs or a pic of a bad bar that would be amazing. I've only put 60rounds thru the gun and it shot flawlessly, i know i need to shoot it more but finding .45 ammo is not easy right now. Any info would be great.

Thanks,
    Breas

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Kind of related. Are the internals of the G30SF any different than the regular G30? I thought all the changes were in the grip and that the other internals were the same as the G30. First I've heard of any systemic problem with the G30/SF, btw. The G30 (in all variations) is my favorite.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Ive been reading about the G30sf problems here recently and under stand it has something to do with the trigger bar and a grove in it.

I'm not up on any widespread issues with the G30SF, but then, I don't own one so I may not have been paying attention.

That said, if it has shot fine for you thus far, why worry? Shoot it until something screws up, then address it.

I've got a couple of E-prefix Glocks that are/were subject to the frame rail shearing issue that cropped up a few years ago. I could send them back to Glock for a free frame replacement, but neither one of them has missed a lick in several thousand rounds fired. If it ain't broke... :dunno:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I have not had any issues with mine failing to return to battery.

understood, but 56 pages on GT about it is quite a bit.

I'd say after you put a few hundred rounds through it, check for grooves in the trigger bar.

I really wanted a G30sf, but I'm a bit apprehensive about it now...

jmb79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Wyoming
    I have a relatively early G30SF (first 3 of ser. # are LYN). I have had zero problems with the pistol through several thousand rounds. When I first saw the thread on GT, I field stripped my pistol and looked at the trigger bar. Sure enough, there is a shiney line at the base of the numb that sticks up higher than the frame. It's definetly not a gouge, just a shiney spot in the metal indicating something has been rubbing there. I don't plan to do anything about it at this time.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I have a relatively early G30SF (first 3 of ser. # are LYN). I have had zero problems with the pistol through several thousand rounds. When I first saw the thread on GT, I field stripped my pistol and looked at the trigger bar. Sure enough, there is a shiney line at the base of the numb that sticks up higher than the frame. It's definetly not a gouge, just a shiney spot in the metal indicating something has been rubbing there. I don't plan to do anything about it at this time.

That's good to know. Went I get my certicate from GSSF, I'm going to order a G30SF. Should make for a good carry/bowling pin gun :D

Top Bottom