• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Whether or not you profess to be a Christian, this should terrify you.

When Republicans take back power, it should be an urgent priority to shut down these obviously partisan bureaucracies.
    While I agree we need to shut them down, don't forget there is a shadow government that already has them on the payroll.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I think you are very wrong about that. He would have been charged, and it would have been all eye witness testimony against him. He would have been convicted easily.
    There wasn't a lot of [credible] eyewitness testimony. Almost all of the eyewitnesses (i.e. the mob that chased Rittenhouse to "get him") were acting on hearsay.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    There wasn't a lot of [credible] eyewitness testimony. Almost all of the eyewitnesses (i.e. the mob that chased Rittenhouse to "get him") were acting on hearsay.
    There wasn't much evidence period. It was all video and witnesses. The prosecution trying to twist what was in the video aside, the video evidence showed Rittenhouse acting in self-defense.

Imagine lefty's testimony if there was no video of him holding and pointing his gun at Rittenhouse before he was shot.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    There wasn't much evidence period. It was all video and witnesses. The prosecution trying to twist what was in the video aside, the video evidence showed Rittenhouse acting in self-defense.

Imagine lefty's testimony if there was no video of him holding and pointing his gun at Rittenhouse before he was shot.
    The prosecution never would have had enough to overcome the self-defense claim, because, IIRC, the only other witness to the Rosenbaum shooting (i.e. Rosenbaum himself) was deceased. Nothing that happened after that, and nothing that the mob that subsequently chased Rittenhouse thought had happened, nullified Rittenhouse's self-defense claim.

The prosecution/trial was ridiculous from the beginning. Much like the Zimmerman trial, the prosecution presented evidence ostensibly supporting the charges being prosecuted, but in reality actually exonerated the defendant.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN

Agree...without video there would of been hundreds of witnesses lining up to testify against Rittenhouse...the videos stopped them from purjuring themselves on the stand. Look how much the prosecution tried to twist the truth, they would of had at least a hundred saying Rittenhouse was a mad man out f control chasing people down yelling "I love to kill people!" Rittenhouse would be on death row right now.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Agree...without video there would of been hundreds of witnesses lining up to testify against Rittenhouse...the videos stopped them from purjuring themselves on the stand. Look how much the prosecution tried to twist the truth, they would of had at least a hundred saying Rittenhouse was a mad man out f control chasing people down yelling "I love to kill people!" Rittenhouse would be on death row right now.
    So, the claim is that several people would have perjured themselves, absent video? I find that to be highly unlikely. Maybe I'm naive.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    So, the claim is that several people would have perjured themselves, absent video? I find that to be highly unlikely. Maybe I'm naive.
    Well, if we take the people who were the ones taking the video out of the equation, most of the other people there seemed to be participants in the violent riots going on that night who were jumping at the chance to violently attack and beat up on a young man who was clearly fleeing towards police and making no attempt to harm someone. I really don't see these sort of people who would balk and lying in court.

I mean, I didn't watch the whole Rittenhouse trial, but even with the video evidence, I don't remember a single witness present at the shootings, aside from Rittenhouse himself, who wasn't trying to make the claim that Rittenhouse was completely unjustified, shooting people for no reason.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    It would be difficult for me to be convinced you are naive. But you are honest and sensible, and may believe other people are also.
    Not that I am comparing you to my wife, but she is like that. So completely honest that she cannot imagine anyone lying for personal gain or to harm an enemy. But there are more than a few people who will do just that without compunction.

My "cynicism" has served me well in some cases, compared to her idealism.
    “The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.” - George Bernard Shaw

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    We're well past such action. The FBI has become the modern version of the German Stazi. The only thing for it now is to dismantle the FBI entirely, and replace it with an organization that respects its constitutional limits.
    You could say that about the whole federal government. And many state governments, as well.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I have had people that have never even met me report me to the police for a crime that never happened based upon nothing more than a rumor that was going around. The police investigation exonerated me, but never underestimate the lengths people will go to when they are convinced somebody is getting away with something.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I have had people that have never even met me report me to the police for a crime that never happened based upon nothing more than a rumor that was going around. The police investigation exonerated me, but never underestimate the lengths people will go to when they are convinced somebody [else] is getting away with something.
    Fixy

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    You bet thats my claim. Look what people did to Trump absent video....lied and made up crap. The scumbags in a different form would of done the same to Rittenhouse. The hate is real.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Did you watch the trial?

Here is a story about lefty doing just that

Here is the prosecution not identifying a witness and actually lying about knowing who he was. He wanted to testify for a deal on charges against him.

I don't doubt that the prosecutors would have been able to find others willing to help hang the white supremacist that killed 2 black men.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I remember the Brown shooting where a number of witnesses said he was shot in the back, later after autopsy found that to be wrong I don't remember anybody recanting that testimony. Maybe it would have been different if witnesses had known about the autopsy findings before, or maybe not.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Did you watch the trial?

Here is a story about lefty doing just that
    Yes, I watched the trial. Note that the One-Armed Bandit was truthful on the stand, and lied to CNN - i.e. when he was not in danger of perjuring himself.

Here is the prosecution not identifying a witness and actually lying about knowing who he was. He wanted to testify for a deal on charges against him.

I don't doubt that the prosecutors would have been able to find others willing to help hang the white supremacist that killed 2 black men.
    Again, none of those witnesses, even if willing to change their story about what they saw, were witnesses to the Rosenbaum shooting. It is a much longer bridge to cross to invent testimony out of whole cloth.

Only the Rosenbaum shooting mattered, because if it was lawful self-defense, then Rittenhouse was lawfully acting in self-defense against the mob.

Top Bottom