• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    I was perusing my FB feed, gotta get my 3 hours of FB in, LOL; and ran across this gem:

Cindy Wagoner shared North Carolinians Against Gun Violence's photo.

43 minutes ago ·

This is absolute madness...

House Bill 937 hits the House floor today for a vote -- if passed, this NRA-backed bill would allow people to carry guns in bars and on college campuses. Please...See More

Like · · Unfollow Post · Share

• Mark Taggart Please do write our reps in the following link. I did.
      36 minutes ago · Like

• Jason A. Partridge Cindy, I hate to tell you but there are a lot of states in the country where this is the normal, and there isn't blood in the streets... just people going about their personal business. Personally I believe the country should just follow the constitution and stay out of controlling most things.
      29 minutes ago · Like

• Ed Holstein yes, because drunk people ALWAYS make the best decisions
      14 minutes ago · Like

• Jason A. Partridge Not saying that they do, just that many other states allow this, and there are not shootouts in bars. The vast majority of LAW-ABIDING citizens that carry a sidearm are responsible, and do not cause problems... Criminals on the other hand, don't care about the law either way, so....
      12 minutes ago · Like

• Garrick Aplin so why have any laws, cuz criminals are gonna do what they're gonna do...
      10 minutes ago · Like

• Jason A. Partridge Laws do very little to prevent crime, they just provide a metric for punishment. IMO it would be better to invest the time, effort, and capital to repair our morals and ethics in this country. Work on bettering the economy, actually prosecuting those that break the law, and not releasing violent felons back into society. Work on getting citizens to go back to having some responsibility for their actions, a little more self reliance, and a lot less dependance on the government.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    apparently I have hit a nerve:

• Cindy Wagoner Jason I think that is a poor excuse for adding weapons. My question is why are they needed? You want to hunt game, no problem. You want one in your home, no problem. But MY safety in public should not be compromised in your "right" because I have the right to come to work or go to a local restaurant and not fear who might be randomly pissed off and hit me. Ant-gun enthusiasts like myself have rights too. And yeah, go ahead and legislate morality and responsibility because that is much easier. Sorry, but I am angry and completely cynical that the gun lobbyists have anything more than capital gain on their brains.
      11 minutes ago via mobile · Like · 1

• Cindy Wagoner More guns doesn't guarantee safety. Period. It means more fruit loops and half-trained folks have their guns in inappropriate spaces.
      9 minutes ago via mobile · Like · 1

• Cindy Wagoner And yes there are plenty of shootings now out outside of bars. So lets just bring it on inside.
      5 minutes ago via mobile · Like

• Jason A. Partridge Cindy, I have no intent of infringing upon anyone's rights. Why are they needed, well, the world is, as you know, not a happy utopia of good will towards men. It can be a very scary, dangerous and evil place. I carry a sidearm every day, as it is my responsibility to care for and protect my family from any harm; I choose to have the best possible tools for that duty. Firearms do not make "fruit loops" lack of mental health care, understanding and caring is what makes, as you called them "fruit loops". I am not for legislating morality or responsibility, I"m all for the federal government staying out of the everyday lives of all citizens. Yes, you have a right to choose to not carry or own firearms, I agree with that 100%, I agree you have the right to be safe at work and in public 100%; however I believe our definitions of safety are different. Your rights should not trump mine, and mine should not trump yours. which is the way it is in most parts of the country. If you don't ever want to be around firearms, only frequent places that do not allow them, stay at home, etc... when in a public space you will be exposed to things you do not like and are not comfortable with; that is simply a fact of our human existence.
      3 minutes ago · Like

• Jason A. Partridge Also why is my right to defend myself or my family only "allowed" when I am in my home? Why is my right to live less than yours?

Sfrandolph

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    Boone county
    Good job Jason. Unfortunately you were conversing with one of the mentally ill liberals on FB. They are too ill to understand logic and reality. But kudos for trying.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    The sad part is that just by changing a few key words, many of the antis arguments are the same ones as ours. They want to prohibit the mentally unstable from having weapons and I don't have a problem with that. The problem I have is in the definition of the term "mentally unstable", that's the part of all of the gun control legislation that really bothers me. Do I believe in the Constitution; yes I do. Do I believe there are people in our society that shouldn't be allowed to have firearms; yes I do. The devils in the details.

I can see a time when "mentally unstable" means you don't agree with the government of this country and I don't trust the government enough to willingly let them write a law that "will never be used against law abiding citizens". Just ask the American Indian how much government guarantees are worth.

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    I just deactivated my account yesterday.

Reason #1 FB has a no gun policy on firearm ads and sponsored stories.

Reason #2 I was just getting tired of off these idiots on there, maybe I should stay to try and show them, is it worth it on FB or can I better use my knowledge elsewhere.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Oh I know it is a lost cause... every few weeks I get the wild hair up my butt to have a little FB debate! :D

I know that FB's policies are crap, but then again, so are Comcast's, and every other media outlets.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    IMO, For the time being, you're opinions are falling on deaf ears when it comes to debating anti-gun liberals. No amount of common sense reasoning will alter their opinions because they feel they are with the majority in this country now after all the brain washing and bogus polls that have flooded the media portraying any firearm as an evil killing machine and that 90% of all americans favor gun control.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    IMO, For the time being, you're opinions are falling on deaf ears when it comes to debating anti-gun liberals. No amount of common sense reasoning will alter their opinions because they feel they are with the majority in this country now after all the brain washing and bogus polls that have flooded the media portraying any firearm as an evil killing machine and that 90% of all americans favor gun control.

Oh, I have no illusions that my opinions, beliefs, or even facts will sway even one of them, but I also feel that it is important that our views be heard... otherwise you fall into the "well no one else seems to care, so why should I" trap and then we all end up in a ****storm! :D

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    I think you did a great job, Jason. Thanks for posting it.

Rep to ya!

Thank you sir.. I'd post the on-going discussion, but I am becoming bored of the constant regurgitation of the same leftist drivel that is being spewed at me... there are a few others that have liked my comments, and even one from Indiana that chimed in, but it is mostly the utopian dreamers who insist that if you pass a law barring something, then it magically never happens again.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oh, I have no illusions that my opinions, beliefs, or even facts will sway even one of them, but I also feel that it is important that our views be heard... otherwise you fall into the "well no one else seems to care, so why should I" trap and then we all end up in a ****storm! :D

I appreciate your rationale and I understand the value in challenging the BS.

It's not the poster you try to win over, that won't happen, but their friends (and possiibly friends of friends, etc.) may be willing to listen and change their views as they can simply follow the conversation without chiming in. Think lurkers on INGO. Same kind of deal.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    As to mistake number 2 are you referring to people here, or on FB? I've been on FB for years, it's the only way I can keep in contact with some family members and friends.

Aside from privacy concerns using FB, it's a complete waste of time, along with tweeting and texting.

If FB is the only way to relate to others, you might have missed the other tools available to all in 500,000 years of evolution prior to FB.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I just deactivated my account yesterday.

Reason #1 FB has a no gun policy on firearm ads and sponsored stories.

Reason #2 I was just getting tired of off these idiots on there, maybe I should stay to try and show them, is it worth it on FB or can I better use my knowledge elsewhere.

STAY - Share info -

This is why ...

It isn't converting the other side - that will take years of personal perseverence and patience. ... I've done it with 1 "kid" over 4.5 yrs ... of slow - pull your hair out / bite your tongue ... patience.

BUT if you don't let the people in the middle - see and hear facts; make responisble, factual, educated arguments to show the fallicies of the liberal 'anti-gun' / anti-2A groups and people's emotional pleas and flawed thinking

THEN you cannot expect those in the middle to be correctly informed and pushed, pulled, dragged or otherwise moved towards supporting the 2A rights we have - let alone supporting all the one's conceded over the years.

I had a FBk Friend that "LIKED" the OMMFGC (Now MDAFGS) when it started. She is STILL a FBk Friend - and has UNLIKED the MDA page. I consider that a bit of a win. I try only to share positive, informational, educational posts on FBk.

The dumb arguments and laughs ... I have them on ... on INGO and other 'safe' gun forums.
    :twocents:

HmDBrian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    valparaiso
    I would rather discuss with anti-gun people on FB than just preach to the choir on here!

Exactly, it may be a very very rare thing, but some people are able to be persuaded. Some are just uneducated to the facts about guns, the 2nd amendment, and how people fought and died for our rights, just depends on some peoples upbringing. Although its rare, its worth the debate with people, imo.

Project972

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    that ain't the way the vote was for the first rnd. just keep it up, it is working. may have to get new pc.

Top Bottom