• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    He was on the Dana Show today and just continued to stumble and show his true colors, IMO.

Radio America Presents: The Dana Show Podcast - Go to Oct 2, Hour 3 to the 45 minute mark.

After trying to recover from the no semi-auto comments, it starts to fall apart on him around the 49 minute mark. Talking about smart guns and similar technology to keep guns out of the hands of the mentally ill. Then he has the balls to say he'll consider running if the people show they're into someone who believes in original intent. This guy isn't our friend.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Wow. He was all over the map but kept saying "we need to keep weapons out of the hands of crazy people." He also gets it wrong when he describes what the 2nd amendment is for...

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Gun owners have been correcting him for years on this issue and he does not care. He knows his ideas are unconstitutional. He is content with scuttling civil liberties in exchange for safety.

He sounds like Eric Holder on gun rights.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    ANYONE who believes the solution to our problems is to "lessen" the number of guns is WRONG, in my opinion. The only answer is to make guns more assessable for every American, including those who have lost their rights, but have demonstrated they are no longer a threat.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    ANYONE who believes the solution to our problems is to "lessen" the number of guns is WRONG, in my opinion. The only answer is to make guns more assessable for every American, including those who have lost their rights, but have demonstrated they are no longer a threat.

QFT

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana

I couldn't agree more.

And the idea that a gun with a piece of electronics is the answer is asinine. When he made the point it would keep 5 year olds from picking up guns snd shooting people, the host's simple solution of "or we could just secure our weapons" left him dumbfounded. She could have gutted him on the issue if she had wanted.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    In my opinion:

...Then he has the balls to say he'll consider running if the people show they're into someone who believes in original intent...

My Translation (taking your paraphrasing at face value, of course) : "I think that people in general - and most distressingly, those of my own race - will take a quick interested glance at me...then once things get down to brass tacks, they will succumb to the media and "black leaders" and flat abandon me for my views; so therefore, I have no intention of wasting my time and considerable talents on this politics crap (but...it IS kinda nice to be adulated and taken seriously as a contender - for a little while)."

Totally my own supposition on this...but don't doubt me.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Our opinions differ, but I do see your viewpoint.

My opinion is that he has no idea of what the term original intent means. If he did, he wouldn't be spouting all of his anti 2A opinions and trying to backtrack from them now.

I guess to your point, he could realize that he has screwed the pooch with his gun control statements. His comments could be an out, if we assume your opinion is spot on.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    He's obviously not a "gun guy". His experience as a doctor and scientist is probably what drives him to believe the application of some new technology will help cure accidental shootings. If he had spent time shooting and/or spent time thinking about the implications of this "smart" technology, he would probably come to the realization that most of us have, in that it's just one more thing to go wrong or prevent you from properly defending yourself. I like that he realizes the 2A is there for self defense, for the defense of the country, and for defending yourself from the government.

I wish Dana would have probed this smart gun aspect a little deeper. For example, "do you believe these should be mandated?" And he did seem a squishy on the "dangerous gun" registry. I would have preferred a "No ****ing way!" response...his gives me a little uneasy feeling.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    He's obviously not a "gun guy". His experience as a doctor and scientist is probably what drives him to believe the application of some new technology will help cure accidental shootings. If he had spent time shooting and/or spent time thinking about the implications of this "smart" technology, he would probably come to the realization that most of us have, in that it's just one more thing to go wrong or prevent you from properly defending yourself. I like that he realizes the 2A is there for self defense, for the defense of the country, and for defending yourself from the government.

It shouldn't matter that he is not a gun guy. It is his logic problem that makes him dangerous. He's exposing his worldview, and endangers more than just guns.

From his repeated advocacy of gun control, we know:

He is OK with sacrificing individual liberty for feel-good visions of security.
    He is OK with ignoring the constitution's emphatic "shall not be infringed" clause.
    He is OK with using emotion-based, factually-unfounded points to make policy decisions.

We can get a good idea about how he will uphold our liberties and the constitution by observing his abject statism on guns.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It shouldn't matter that he is not a gun guy. It is his logic problem that makes him dangerous. He's exposing his worldview, and endangers more than just guns.

From his repeated advocacy of gun control, we know:

He is OK with sacrificing individual liberty for feel-good visions of security.
    He is OK with ignoring the constitution's emphatic "shall not be infringed" clause.
    He is OK with using emotion-based, factually-unfounded points to make policy decisions.

We can get a good idea about how he will uphold our liberties and the constitution by observing his abject statism on guns.

You may be right. I'm not sure he's fully baked yet. I suspect he really hadn't spent a lot of time thinking about Constitutional matters while building his career as a surgeon. But that has me concerned as well. I'm of a mind that Dr. Carson is a good guy that, probably 80+% of the time I would agree with, he's purportedly one heck of a doctor, but I'm not sure what kind of executive he'd be.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    His response was to look into using technology and keeping guns out of the hands of the mentally ill. He said on the program that he is not against having guns, in fact he is for it. He said he thinks having guns would be good in case we get invaded and in the case that the gov't becomes aggressive towards the people. How is this wrong? Yes everyone on here if pro gun, but not every single politician is as "gun ho" about it as we are. Ben Carson will in no way try to take our guns. He is a conservative. He was a doctor, an actual citizen, not a life long politician, he speaks well, he destroyed obama while he was sitting right next to him, this man is what we need. He is not anti gun, he is pro gun, he has said it over and over and yet why are we still bashing him? Its almost like when people say Romney was no better than obama. Thats just plain dumb to say. Ben Carson is focused on the real problems, our debt, the culture of young black men, the destruction of our health care system, why is everyone so upset about something that he has said himself he would never try to take away? Goodness.

Top Bottom