• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Just some random thoughts after reading this whole thread.

JA, you are too big and scary. I am glad you don't roam naked, aka OC.

I hope I don't get the same treatment as trollboy.

This thread has it all, OC/CC, LEO hassles, Trolls, Name calling, MOD reprimands, and BACON.

Welcome back dk598. That didn't take long:D

Kidding - Kidding:D

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Just some random thoughts after reading this whole thread.

JA, you are too big and scary. I am glad you don't roam naked, aka OC.

I hope I don't get the same treatment as trollboy.

This thread has it all, OC/CC, LEO hassles, Trolls, Name calling, MOD reprimands, and BACON.

Welcome back dk598. That didn't take long:D

Kidding - Kidding:D

demotivational-poster-67515.jpg

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Thanks for the update and :yesway: for walking the walk and actually doing something instead of just *****ing about it on a forum.

Not saying it's a bad thing but doing that alone is'nt gonna change things much.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    State rep maybe.
    File a complaint with the civil rights dept of the USDOJ. enough complaints and they will investigate the department.

Annie Oakley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Rural southern Indiana
    Haven't read this entire thread but thought I would offer this. I know Lutz. He is not a bad guy but not the best LEO. He is getting ready to leave the department. What he did was a Terry Stop but it is no excuse for not knowing that OC is legal. Sorry it happened and hope you get some satisfaction.

Monroe County and other counties in Indiana use the county number followed by another set of numericals. For Monroe County a deputy's unit number would be something like 5306 or 53101.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Haven't read this entire thread but thought I would offer this. I know Lutz. He is not a bad guy but not the best LEO. He is getting ready to leave the department. What he did was a Terry Stop but it is no excuse for not knowing that OC is legal. Sorry it happened and hope you get some satisfaction.

Monroe County and other counties in Indiana use the county number followed by another set of numericals. For Monroe County a deputy's unit number would be something like 5306 or 53101.
    Thanks for the inside info. It does'nt matter how good of a guy Deputy Lutz is.

If he does'nt know the difference between dept. policy and what the actual laws are then maybe he should think about leaving the dept.

Annie Oakley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Rural southern Indiana
    KG1, am in agreement with you. I fight this particular battle with LEO's that I know all the time and you would be amazed at how often those battles are really close to home. It is more than frustrating and I really hope that the Department acts on the complaint.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    State rep maybe.
    File a complaint with the civil rights dept of the USDOJ. enough complaints and they will investigate the department.

That worked real well in Athens, Tennessee too.

Just like I'm sure it happened in Philly with those certain someones...

"I'm sorry I ruined your blank pantha party..."

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington

There's no reason for you to apologize for his actions, I do appreciate it however.

Having said that, I do not believe it was a Terry Stop, as there was no "reasonable suspicion" of criminal involvement. Unless of course you look at it as he was ignorant of the law; in which case I'll give the reasonable doubt. Either way, the attempted intimidation was uncalled for, unprofessional, and wrong. That is the reason I filed the complaint. I have no problems with a LEO asking me if I have a LTCH, and asking to see it, I don't mind at all.

Top Bottom