• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Yes we have these destructive little monsters and they are already active. Just wondering what you all have found to get rid of them if anything. I have heard that killing the grubs that live in the ground will get them to move to a different area but not a fan of a lot of chemical use. Just put a spring loaded scissor trap in an active run but nothing yet. Thanks for any help. Jim.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I'm afraid that you're going to have to take care of their food source...

I did read an article that said mixing 3 tbsp castor oil and 1 tbsp dish soap into a gallon of water can be a mole repellent. Pour that mixture onto any openings you see. Of course, you can scale that up as needed.

Also this for grub control:

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Yeah, we have those awful creatures everywhere in our yard and garden too, and I haven't figured out any way to get rid of them. We tried the scissors traps, but could only ever catch one or two over the whole summer.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    Moleinator. Have a friend that's trapped all his life, plus nuisance trapping. Recommended these and I've had luck with them. Buy a dozen. He nuisance traps part time and caught 350 moles last year at $20 each! There's a learning curve but I had fun getting better at setting them correctly in the runs. I usually wait 2 or 3 days and check them. Need to attach a wire on them and flag the locations.

https://www.wildlifecontrolsupplies.com/animal/WCSMOLE1.html

Last edited:

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Same here waging war on the little beastards.. trying spring trap .. pop bottle cap with carbide to gas gas them
    I’ve stuck a garden hose on the high end of the tunnels and when they moving I use a potato fork and make mole kabobs

510picker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2017
    Martinsville
    My wife is one of the kindest, sweetest people you could ever meet, but mess with her flower beds and she's a ruthless killer. Our old plunger spring trap has always served us well. I set them and she reels them in! This was her second kill last spring.

IMG_1161.jpg

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Moleinator. Have a friend that's trapped all his life, plus nuisance trapping. Recommended these and I've had luck with them. Buy a dozen. He nuisance traps part time and caught 350 moles last year at $20 each! There's a learning curve but I had fun getting better at setting them correctly in the runs. I usually wait 2 or 3 days and check them. Need to attach a wire on them and flag the locations.

https://www.wildlifecontrolsupplies.com/animal/WCSMOLE1.html
    I hadn't seen that trap. I have used this one with pretty good success. I think my feral cats, that are now all gone, used to keep them down.

Last edited:

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I used to have a pair of, now down to one, Jack Russell. They dig them and kill 'em.

Of course they leave your yard looking like the surface of the moon.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I've used the moletrap.com traps for years. I think trapping is the most effective way to control them.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I have used the moleliminator traps for years, probably get a couple dozen a year. Getting rid of the grubs may or may not help, that is not their only food source. I was told they eat mostly earthworms.
    This. The grub story is only to sell more grub control chemicals. They eat mostly worms.

The gummy worms work too. CSB:

We deployed gummies at our church. We have them really bad. (at least until they eat the gummies then more come back) The next day I'm walking down the sidewalk and I see the dirt move next to the sidewalk and the tip of a gummy hanging out. So I kick the mound and out tumbles a mole with the gummy in his mouth. I quickly stomp him with my boot heel. I hear a gasp. I look up and its one of the blue hairs walking toward me on the same sidewalk. She had just gotten out of her car when I saw the dirt move, and then witnessed the whole thing. I didnt notice her. Oops.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    On a related note the poison "peanuts" in the cone shaped container work on them kinda, but kill voles REALLY well.

We had a bad vole problem too (you see little tracks below the grass in the dirt.) I applied that to the holes and suddenly no more holes or tracks.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    This. The grub story is only to sell more grub control chemicals. They eat mostly worms.

The gummy worms work too. CSB:

We deployed gummies at our church. We have them really bad. (at least until they eat the gummies then more come back) The next day I'm walking down the sidewalk and I see the dirt move next to the sidewalk and the tip of a gummy hanging out. So I kick the mound and out tumbles a mole with the gummy in his mouth. I quickly stomp him with my boot heel. I hear a gasp. I look up and its one of the blue hairs walking toward me on the same sidewalk. She had just gotten out of her car when I saw the dirt move, and then witnessed the whole thing. I didnt notice her. Oops.
    Situational awareness game is week when a blue hair can catch you off guard. :stickpoke:

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Did the same at the college I worked at but skewered it with my pocket knife.. college girls are squeamish..grounds supervisor had a bounty on them. Soda per mole

Top Bottom