• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hippykiller

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Johnson Co.
    So Ive done some Goggling, and searching around here on the subject... I only found one post relating to them in the last three months. And just wanna get some more opinions. From the searching I have done, I find two schools of thought... One goes stay away like your life depends on it (bigcreg) and the others seems to go "for the price they are pretty good but stay away from the bcg's". I have also looked into J&T, and there prices are a bit higher, but with that I am sure comes higher quality. What I was looking into were there 7.5" 9mm uppers and there 10.25" 5.56 uppers. I plan on sticking them on pistol lowers untill my form 4's come back. Although with all the back orders I may see the form 4's befor the uppers so the pistol thing may be a non-issue.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i have bought from them and j&t and had no problem with either. but i was buying at the 1500 from them so i have no experience with there shipping. now that i think of it did anyone see them at the january 1500 i dont think i did.

hippykiller

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Johnson Co.
    i have bought from them and j&t and had no problem with either. but i was buying at the 1500 from them so i have no experience with there shipping. now that i think of it did anyone see them at the january 1500 i dont think i did.

Do you use there bcg's also or just the uppers..? Could I get some pic's of the parts you have purchased from them? If it's not to much trouble of course.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    I just got a complete upper with an LMT match grade barrel from these guy it was an awesome deal at $575 out the door with shipping. And the stuff is in stock I ordered last week and got it yesterday. The only thing is you have to call them the sight doesn't list what they have in stock. But if you get them on the phone they will take your order....

AR15 Parts, M16 Parts, Assault Rifles, Tactical Gear M&A Parts, Inc.

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    If you've Googled much, you may have come across an old post of mine in another forum:
    I've bought from them twice, and helped a friend build up a receiver from Model 1 parts.

1. I bought a "complete" lower parts kit for my first AR. After getting it home, I built it and found out it was missing the buffer (had the tube and the spring, but the buffer wasn't there).
    2. I bought an upper receiver from them with a chamber so rough it would have failures to extract after a magazine or two.
    3. My friend got a lower parts kit from them. One hammer/trigger pin was actually only half of a pin. I contacted them about this and they said they'd send a new one. They never did.

I won't buy from them again. They've screwed up every time I've tried to buy from them so far, and they've never done anything to try to fix their mistakes. My money will go elsewhere, and I won't suggest anyone else take the risk - but maybe it's just my bad luck.

If you do order from them, be sure to check every kit for parts and check all the parts for anything that looks out of the ordinary.

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Yep saw that one... You fit into school of thought #1... :): I don't plan on buying the complete kits just the uppers... And maybe a few extra bits.
    Check it out as thoroughly as possible before you take it home. I did buy a bad upper from them.

To be fair, a friend bought an identical upper that worked fine. I'd say their quality is hit or miss and if you do order from them I hope you get good parts.

Lawguns

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Yes, J&T / Double Star was at the January 1500 in the normal location.

I do buy allot from them every year. Once in a while as with every manufacturer something get out that is bad. Usually it is a bad part. The good news is that if you do get a bad part they have always swapped it out with me. If you want a more local touch you can order the J&T item you want from LE Firearms, in Indianapolis 317-822-8129 at the same retail price as from J&T and if you have a problem they will fix in their store so you don't have to ship it back. I do know they don't have any SBR uppers in right now but they have some on order.

I have not had any bad experiences with model 1 sales but I have not had any good ones either. I usually get a better price from J&T.

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    If you want a more local touch you can order the J&T item you want from LE Firearms, in Indianapolis 317-822-8129 at the same retail price as from J&T and if you have a problem they will fix in their store so you don't have to ship it back. I do know they don't have any SBR uppers in right now but they have some on order.

In previous posts you've established that you're Law Enforcement Firearms.

I don't think you need to refer to yourself or your business as a "they" at this point.

farmboy365

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   1
    Dec 22, 2008
    NE Indiana
    model one

I have never had a problem. Me and some friend have 7 uppers and kits
    never a problem. alway a great price. they were a indy in jan. have two
    more on order for march.We buy at the 1500 and get better price than
    web site they always throw in extras.There SS barrels shoot very vary good.Just my :twocents:.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I have never bought any "essential" parts from M1S, save for a rimfire dedicated barrel. I have only bought small parts such as VFGs and stock bodies and the like. I can say that what I have bought from them has been just fine, but like I said, the only 'house brand' part I have bought was that barrel and I was happy with it.

Don

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Greenfield
    I have had nothing but bad customer service from them, they treated me like a 2nd rate citizen till I opened my wallet and had a handful of cash.

T755

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    I have bought a ton of stuff from them in the past. What I have learned is only buy from them at the show. The quality of the parts they bring is somewhat better. I have seen the finish not as well done on ones they ship. There have been massive errors in orders they have shipped to me. I would use them to build a cheaper grade ar or finish one if I justr can't wait for the parts.

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    I have bought a ton of stuff from them in the past. What I have learned is only buy from them at the show. The quality of the parts they bring is somewhat better. I have seen the finish not as well done on ones they ship. There have been massive errors in orders they have shipped to me. I would use them to build a cheaper grade ar or finish one if I justr can't wait for the parts.
    FWIW, all the kits and parts that I had problems with were purchased from them at the Indy 1500.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I bought my kit from Model1Sales. The buttstock was substandard. The only discrepancy with the upper receiver was the rear sight adjustment knob was not aligned properly and read 8/3-1 when cranked all the way down vice 8/3-3.

Justus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    not in Indy
    No problems with Model One here.

I've built from 3 of their kits with no troubles at all.
    I haven't purchased recently,they were purchased about 4 years ago.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    I bought from M&A at the 1500 and found them to be very friendly, helpful and I got quality parts.

I bought several parts including 2 brand new FN B&C's, LMT upper, Stocks, and other small parts.

jsn_mooney

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    South Of Richmond
    Model 1

My first experience with model 1 was at the 1500 a few years back. My brother was over in the sandbox and I was looking for a couple of accu-wedges, and some muzzle caps to send him. When I told the guy at their table what I needed he got what I was looking for, then turned his back to me digging around in his parts boxes- when he turned around he handed me a bag with a handful of accu-wedges, and caps, along with a firing pin and about every spring that goes in a lower. He told me to tell him "thanks" and wouldn't take my money.
    That impressed me, since then I've built several ARs using their parts, I'm impressed with the ER Shaw bbls. they carry- I've yet to get one of their bbls. that wouldn't bust a half-inch if I do my part and, am feeding it what it likes.
    Check them out, you won't be dissapointed.

Top Bottom