• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    Got my order in today! Only took about 30 minutes of busy signals before I got through. Been wanting to place an order the past two months but kept missing the window but not today!

Yesterday I purchased a Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 on eBay for my Kimber Ultra CDP II that I paid WAY TOO MUCH for but I got impatient.

So today from Milt Sparks I ordered a Versa Max 2 for my Ed Brown Special Forces Carry along with a belt and mag holder.

Now only a 30 week wait for the order...

Last edited:

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    Old Milt Sparks

My farrier was just here and said Milt Sparks is all he ever uses but what he has is about 30 years old. I told him about the waiting time and he said back in the day he used to just pick up the phone and call in his order and would have it in a week or two. Of course he couldn't belive the prices now either...

mrw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    I have five VM2s and love them. Will never sell them. I would like a VM2 style OWB holster though.

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    What Kirk said. I have a couple of Summer Specials that I bought in the late 1980's and have used extensively which are still going strong. Also have a couple of VM II's and like them very much.

Milt Sparks is a very small outfit. Every one of their products is handcrafted to order by one of only five or six highly skilled artisans (IIRC; they may have added staff since my last purchase.). This, along with the high demand prompted by their well-earned reputation for excellence in materials, design and craftsmanship, are the main reasons for the long wait. They try hard to weed-out the more obvious speculators in their ordering policies, but as long as there are impatient folks, there'll be opportunists ready to take advantage of them.

mpholic

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    I too love Milt Sparks holsters. Most of mine are Watch Six. They are very similiar to the VM2 without the reinforced mouth and are not covertible to tuckable. Considerably cheaper though (at least they used to be, haven't checked recently).

I do have one VM2 though. I also prefer the horsehide over cow leather. Seems slightly more flexible.

I need to place an order myself. My first order years ago took six and I thought that was a long time. WOW

mrw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Looking at all my Vm2s, it seems that the inside is horse hide and the outside is cow hide.

dr632

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 29, 2010
    Brown County
    VM-2 and the Summer Special II -- can't beat them, premium gear and well worth the wait - not sure about the eBay market prices though?

On my last order with them, I wanted the SS-II, and MS pointed me to Brownells and told me he had just shipped a load of these to them. Worked out well since I had a list of odds and ends to order anyway.

I'm sure I don't have to mention this, .... but I make sure the Mrs. doesn't see this particular vice of mine. I've joked with her about expensive shoes and designer purses. If she finds out about my MS addiction, our bank account will be hit hard -- for sure.:): Remember you need a VM2 in each of their colors to match your entire collection of attire. Don't forget the matching ammo holders.

You have to love these guys in Boise. Good thing they don't have some fancy pedigree MBA on staff that would figure out a way to ramp up production and compromise quality all in the name of Strategic Growth and Stakeholder Value and ruin things.

It is very refreshing to see a US company like this making excellent products and taking great satisfaction in delighted customers. Nice group of guys and they love what they do.

Don't forget a few 55BN's with straight and FBI cant for OWB ... these are outstanding for use @ USPSA and IDPA shoots and range practice time!

Last edited:

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    I have a VM2 and it is great. I need to get on the list for another as my tast in carry guns has changed.

Top Bottom